Do metal snares inherently have more sympathetic buzz?

Still getting Snare buzz on three of 4 Toms. Im convinced it's being increased by my Garage that has a low ceiling... I tried tuning all toms lower, a card between snare and reso head, but didn't like the overly Dry snare sound and didn't like the flatness of the Tom sound. It was like Liberty Devito or Nigel Olson's Tuning in the 70's. It's the lesser of two evils unfortunately and i dont think an audience or band would even notice it. when i record ill just slip the card back in i guess. Room acoustics are a nightmare

Still getting Snare buzz on three of 4 Toms. Im convinced it's being increased by my Garage that has a low ceiling... I tried tuning all toms lower, a card between snare and reso head, but didn't like the overly Dry snare sound and didn't like the flatness of the Tom sound. It was like Liberty Devito or Nigel Olson's Tuning in the 70's. It's the lesser of two evils unfortunately and i dont think an audience or band would even notice it. when i record ill just slip the card back in i guess. Room acoustics are a nightmare

I’m telling you, Grover cable snares.

Just wanted to update, Sounds Like a Drum convinced me to change out the snare side head on my LM402 and that made a world of difference. The previous head was almost 2 years old and fairly stretched out (plus it was an Aquarian, which tends to stretch more than Remo in my experience). I'm getting about the same amount of buzz as the wood Slingerland now (put on a brand new head when I got it in August). So if you're getting excessive buzz, it's worth a shot changing out the bottom head if it's old 🤞

Back