Dixon Cornerstone

In these times of isolation, I've been screen shopping like numerous others. I'm not a GAS addict. I usually buy gear I need and use, and that's about it. Then I saw this Purple Titanium Hammered Steel Dixon Cornerstone snare. It was love at first sight, and my want for it is unusual and growing.

image000000_03.jpg

Does anyone have any first hand experience with this drum? Pros and cons (purple is NOT a con), tuning issues, snare characteristics, durability, etc. I don't trust online videos, so I would rather have user input than compressed perfection.

Thoughts, good or bad?

Hot dang Doc Polack that is a beauty I love thst color. Is that 14X7? That can’t be a titanium shell for real? There logo actually looks really good on that snare, which I haven’t been in love with it. Buy it and make a video! Listen to me pretend I’m your subconscious like Hurt on Mr Brookes. Hot dang Kevin Costner playing that role freaked me out. Just watched it obviously so don’t watch unless you wanna ge freaked out.

Hot dang Doc Polack that is a beauty I love thst color. Is that 14X7? That can’t be a titanium shell for real? There logo actually looks really good on that snare, which I haven’t been in love with it. Buy it and make a video! Listen to me pretend I’m your subconscious like Hurt on Mr Brookes. Hot dang Kevin Costner playing that role freaked me out. Just watched it obviously so don’t watch unless you wanna ge freaked out.

It's 14x6.5". Unfortunately the shell is just steel, 1mm. The finish was listed as purple titanium. The way it turns slightly blue between the hammer marks, OMG it's just gorgeous.

I agree, the logo looks good on this.

We dig freaky movies at my house, I'll have to check out Mr Brooks for sure.

looks pretty nice! but all depends how it sounds though.

Absolutely. I'd have to buy then try though, not a big fan of doing that. I'm hoping that someone here has one who can give an honest opinion other than "its awesome" or "it sucks".

Dixon has been making some really fine snare drums recently, and the prices on them makes them more affordable for the average guy.

I've been particularly mindful of the PDSAN613CBRG 6X13 "Australian Rose Gum Shell designed by Chris Brady." Ever since buying my first 13" snare drum a couple of years ago, I've been sampling various manufacturers' 13" models, and I really like what I'm seeing and hearing.

A thirteen-inch that is six inches or deeper - to my surprise - typically possesses the balance between crack and body that I've sought for all these years in fourteen-inch snares. I never suspected that a simple one-inch decrease in diameter would make so much difference, but it does - and regardless of whether the shell is metal or wood. And a side benefit is that, for me, the thirteen inch drums feel much more comfortable between my legs, and open up more space for setup and maneuvering than I could have ever imagined. How can one inch make so much difference? (Don't say it, guys; the puns are too easy here, so just don't!!!!)

GeeDeeEmm

Absolutely. I'd have to buy then try though, not a big fan of doing that. I'm hoping that someone here has one who can give an honest opinion other than "its awesome" or "it sucks".

theres some videos on youtube of this particular one, heres some of them :)

Dixon has some nice high quality snares for great prices. I almost bought a 6.5x14 Maple with wood hoops until I was able to buy an oak stave shell and put together a 5.5x14 oak stave snare for t a little bit less than the maple ply snare.

I bought the Brady by Dixon rosegum snares in 13" and 14" diameter snares when they first came out and I love 'em both. Great build quality and the finishes are gorgeous! The rosegum gives them a lot of personality! I prefer it over maple now. It really does give a nice, full sound at medium on the batter, (around D based on the room), tight on the reso, (G-A) , tuning. I remembered Dixon from the old days and I was glad to see them come out with some new drums. The Equators are interesting drums as well. I put an Aquarian Modern Vintage batter over a High Performance snare head and used some of the Grover snares on the 6.5" and it is ear candy for sure. The Artisan and my Tama Bubinga are fighting it out for the #1 position. I still have an old Dixom maple picollo from back in the last century as well.

Back