Differences between Wuhan chinas?

Advinghelli

They have lion, traditional, and maybe others. What are their differences? I have a Wuhan Western pack plus Western 8 & 10 splashes. For cast b20 cymbals that cost me under $300 all together it's quite superb. I bought an agazarian(wuhan's daughter brand?) 20" china, its LOUD but unpleasant. They're official wuhan chinas are nice though. I'm interested in something for metal breakdowns that maybe even mixes well with my other cymbals.

Not a lot of exports coming out of Wuhan right now....

Regarding the cymbals - is Wuhan just one brand? Or is anything made in the city called a Wuhan cymbal? I’ve heard a few Wuhan china cymbals over the years and some sounded much nicer than others, so there’s definitely some luck involved.

I've never really thought of a China cymbal as something that would mix well with anything. It's job is to stand out.

Authentic China cymbals are quite dry and trashy-sounding, and a bigger one like a 20" is going to be loud. Since they're handmade there will be some variety but at least when it comes to the Chinese-made stuff they all generally fall into a similar range from what I've heard. Maybe what you're looking for is something a bit smaller?

Not a lot of exports coming out of Wuhan right now....

Regarding the cymbals - is Wuhan just one brand? Or is anything made in the city called a Wuhan cymbal? I’ve heard a few Wuhan china cymbals over the years and some sounded much nicer than others, so there’s definitely some luck involved.
I can imagine. I googled "wuhan china for metal" and the first thing to pop up was a video titled "wuhan locks people in homes with metal plates".

Im thinking of getting a Wuhan china. I have their 16" medium thin crash and I absolutely love it. Crazy affordable too.

Im thinking of getting a Wuhan china. I have their 16" medium thin crash and I absolutely love it. Crazy affordable too.
I have that crash and it's great. Definitely my favorite owned cymbal. The hats are good, alot better with a dry ching ring. The ride I got is just ok. Splashes are really nice. Their chinas are sweet, the brand just lacks consumer info. Especially with their site down.

Reactions: Axe
I've never really thought of a China cymbal as something that would mix well with anything. It's job is to stand out.

Authentic China cymbals are quite dry and trashy-sounding, and a bigger one like a 20" is going to be loud. Since they're handmade there will be some variety but at least when it comes to the Chinese-made stuff they all generally fall into a similar range from what I've heard. Maybe what you're looking for is something a bit smaller?
Yeah, with my set a china may never flow. They go nicely with heavy stuff like hhx. I would probably want an 18. I heard a wuhan 18 traditional china and it was great for the genre, made a pretty sweet breakdown.

Watch this, it's all Wuhan chinas, different sizes. It does a good job of showing off how the different sizes act and sound:

Currently I use a 12". I wouldn't ride on it, but it has an excellent fast trash sound for accents. A bigger one will be in the cards down the line.

I had an 18" Wuhan China a long time ago. In general I think they're a little too quick and I've since gravitated to Chinas with Turkish-style bells. I have an 18" Sabian B8Pro that sound surprisingly great, and a 20" Zildjian China Boy Low, a 20" Swish and a 22" Swish. The 22" has quickly become my go-to for a China sound in my set up.

I believe I've never found a website linking to the brand, but that could be if it's all in Chinese and well... i don't use Chinese keyboard nor do i speak it hehe.
Around 2002-2007 i had a 13" china and an 18" 'Lion' model. For their price they were great! Perfect example of what Wuhan chinas are know for; fast, cutting and loud. Eventually they cracked, but they still hold a special place in my ears.
Wuhan chinas are know to be inconsistent. If you put 5 20" chinas next to each other, they all sound different.

I believe I've never found a website linking to the brand, but that could be if it's all in Chinese and well... i don't use Chinese keyboard nor do i speak it hehe.
Around 2002-2007 i had a 13" china and an 18" 'Lion' model. For their price they were great! Perfect example of what Wuhan chinas are know for; fast, cutting and loud. Eventually they cracked, but they still hold a special place in my ears.
Wuhan chinas are know to be inconsistent. If you put 5 20" chinas next to each other, they all sound different.
I had my wuhan splashes replaced by the seller because they came in damaged, sounded bad, and one even had its 2 stamps in switched positions. If they weren't counterfeits than the stamps and sound quality definitely speaks to their inconsistency.

I can imagine. I googled "wuhan china for metal" and the first thing to pop up was a video titled "wuhan locks people in homes with metal plates".
I had a similar experience the other day. I was searching for videos of the "Dream Dark Matter Flat Earth Ride", and the Youtube overlords were kind enough to remind me (at the top of the search results) that the Flat Earth conspiracy is fake. :LOL:

Back