Deleted

I really don't have a lot of interest in boutique drums, but there is a local guy here that makes beautiful steambent drums. The company is called Cask drums. One of the owners, Micah, used to come in where I worked and that is how I found out about them.

I wouldn't mind having a snare from them - it'd be good to support a small local business.

So like the title says - What Boutique Drum brand intrigued you these days ? Let’s limit to a brand that you don’t already own to make it more interesting ok ?

For me it would be Evetts Druma from Australia . I have never seen a drum from them in person . I follow their Instagram page . They look like they have taken up the mantle from Brady . Making drums from indigenous Australian Hardwoods . Beautiful figured veneers and lovely finish work .
I think Evetts only do ply, not sure though. There is also PA Lovetone doing Solid Snare drums in Western Australia. Doc Sweeney never seems to get a mention here.

INDe for the hardware. Seems like Josh really knows how to make hardware.

Welsh or Dialtune. I'm really interested in cable tuning.

So like the title says - What Boutique Drum brand intrigued you these days ? Let’s limit to a brand that you don’t already own to make it more interesting ok ?

For me it would be Evetts Druma from Australia . I have never seen a drum from them in person . I follow their Instagram page . They look like they have taken up the mantle from Brady . Making drums from indigenous Australian Hardwoods . Beautiful figured veneers and lovely finish work .
Just sent Evetts an email...(text) wondering if they could provide a 7x13 stave in spotted gum. When I'd read taking over the Brady mantle I got excited and contacted them. Thanks for the info.

I really don't have a lot of interest in boutique drums, but there is a local guy here that makes beautiful steambent drums.

Likewise, I have little interest in boutique brands, but these Cask drums…WOW! Impeccable finish and 100% custom.

Adrian Kirshler's metal snare drums. The only issue for me is their cost.
A plane ticket to his workshop in Italy to audition various models in person may be cheaper than buying one in the USA!

https://ak-drums.com/

Last edited:
Damn..you may be right 😥.

You could check with Hendrix out of Houston.. They don't list spotted gum but they have such a variety that I bet they could find it locally.. They build Thin stave and probably the best pricing I have seen anywhere.. Here are some vids. . the first half of each vid is cranked up very high but they lower the tuning very nicely at the second half where they really open up: https://www.hendrixdrums.com/demo-videos/

You could check with Hendrix out of Houston.. They don't list spotted gum but they have such a variety that I bet they could find it locally.. They build Thin stave and probably the best pricing I have seen anywhere.. Here are some vids. . the first half of each vid is cranked up very high but they lower the tuning very nicely at the second half where they really open up: https://www.hendrixdrums.com/demo-videos/
I'm on it Artstar...much thanks 😃.

Doc Sweeney never seems to get a mention here.
Agree. I mentioned Doc Sweeney in a different thread. They seem to make very good drums, and I believe highly respected jazz/percussion teacher Rick Dior (YouTube, out of North Carolina) gave some praise to Doc Sweeney and has a kit. I don't think Dior would loosely endorse something. And some of their staves snares are not outrageously priced.

I suppose I'm in the boutique pigeon hole.
I can build to your desired spec.

Below is a zebrawood snare with my own cnc machined self aligning lugs.
This is my STABLE-STAVE model with maple stave reinforcement rings installed.

Extra pics and a demo on my website.

More info on my product and those lugs on my website too.!
Have a wee look if you have 5 mins!

20220824_170320.jpg

Agree. I mentioned Doc Sweeney in a different thread. They seem to make very good drums, and I believe highly respected jazz/percussion teacher Rick Dior (YouTube, out of North Carolina) gave some praise to Doc Sweeney and has a kit. I don't think Dior would loosely endorse something. And some of their staves snares are not outrageously priced.
After investigating a little I think the Sweeny drums are built by Cask , hard to know who builds what for who without some disclosure ..

Back