David Lee Roth residency in Vegas

Sad. I've seen a lot of rock concerts, and the DLR concert I saw in 1990 might have been the best one of them all.

I know it's all about the money, but KISS and Gene especially seems to be very keen on delivering a great show and can't imagine DLH in this vocal condition would be acceptable.

It’s like the fans are being asked to salute the real-time sinking of the Titanic.
DLR defined the 80s with his stage presence and athleticism which makes it hard to accept this version of himself. He should call it a day.

DLR defined the 80s with his stage presence and athleticism which makes it hard to accept this version of himself. He should call it a day.
I might have an unpopular opinion but I don't think he was ever much of a singer, but he was one hell of an entertainer.

Since it's Vegas I assume he does more than one show a night-maybe he's just pacing himself. I do that now myself LOL

I might have an unpopular opinion but I don't think he was ever much of a singer, but he was one hell of an entertainer.
He was a great rock singer, sadly his downward spiral seems to have affected his legacy. Listen to any one of the albums from Van Halen to 1984 as well as his solo albums and in the studio he was absolutely on his game. To be fair he was still going relatively strongly on A Different Kind Of Truth, in 2012ish

Last edited:
I saw Van Halen during their 'Women and Children First' tour back in the early 80's and it was magical. I saw them again in 2012 and DLR was toast by then. I can't imagine how much worse things have gotten.

Didn't watch the video - I want to remember Van Halen when they were on top of their game.

He was a great rock singer, sadly his downward spiral seems to have affected his legacy. Listen to any one of the albums from Van Halen to 1984 as well as his solo albums and in the studio he was absolutely on his game. To be fair he was still going relatively strongly on A Different Kind Of Truth, in 2012ish
Like I said, likely an unpopular opinion :)

I've heard the records, I was a teenager at the time. I didn't like VH much, not really my thing. I'm trying to not make a big deal out of this (as it's merely my opinion), but I just don't think he was ever a great singer.

Someone captured and uploaded the 2nd show. It's a bit better in some parts but mostly more of the same:

Back