Danny Seraphine

Danny is coming to my area in August with CTA. When I found out, I immediately bought front row seats. Very excited.

Danny was a big influence on me when I was first learning to play. I would really love to meet him at the show. If anyone in this thread knows how I could contact him to possibly arrange that, I'd be grateful.

He is playing outside of Orlando in a about a month from now. Taking a "old dudes" motor home trip down there to see him and really looking forward to it! He has some world class musicians playing with him.

Side note....forgot about the little "pissing contest" between philrudd and myself about this. Sorry phil; didn't mean to get you so fired up; different strokes for different folks....

Last edited:
Your post made me go back and read the pissing contest. I won't comment. :)

But I will just keep the positive flowing with my belief that Danny is a mega important drummer in music history. His work on those songs was stellar.

The drum chart for Make Me Smile is a Masterpiece.
That whole song is a Masterpiece.

Modern day Chicago live without Danny is a snooze, in my humble opinion.

Your post made me go back and read the pissing contest. I won't comment. :)

But I will just keep the positive flowing with my belief that Danny is a mega important drummer in music history. His work on those songs was stellar.

The drum chart for Make Me Smile is a Masterpiece.
That whole song is a Masterpiece.

Modern day Chicago live without Danny is a snooze, in my humble opinion.

Agree on all counts!!

A photo from Seminole Music and Sound, from a clinic with Danny Seraphine, now California Transit Authority, from 2011. A great drummer and if you have met him, you know he is a great guy and clinician. On the far right is a lesser known Drummerworld Mod. in the white shirt. Camera always in hand.

Attachments

• IMG_9875.JPG
    IMG_9875.JPG
    128.7 KB · Views: 86
A photo from Seminole Music and Sound, from a clinic with Danny Seraphine, now California Transit Authority, from 2011. A great drummer and if you have met him, you know he is a great guy and clinician. On the far right is a lesser known Drummerworld Mod. in the white shirt. Camera always in hand.

Been a Danny fan for 50 years! I have met/spoke with him many times over the years; truly a very genuine, humble and kind man! I saw him with CTA a few months ago in south Florida; still a monster behind the kit!

The photo wasn't mine, since I was in it. I think one of the employees at the music store took those photos.

Just watched his Drumeo jazz-rock clinic on YouTube. Great stuff.

I watched the documentary a couple of years ago on CNN, and was surprised that they discussed the departure of DS at some length. One band member in particular was pretty outspoken on the subject if I recall, and to me at least, it showed a real lack of class. To my mind the loss of Kath and Seraphine were devastating. Cetera not so much, IMO.

Danny and Igor (of Leonid & Friends) doing a side by side comparison.

I've seen both these guys perform live 40 years apart - Danny around 1977 at the Richland Coliseum outside Cleveland, and Igor in 2019 in Jax, FL. Both are amazing performers!!

Back