Danmar UFO skate beater qurestion

Evilbagua

Silver Member
Has anyone used one of these? I am looking for a beater that is heavyer than the standard dw (my Plastic side is really worn down), but still has rebound. I think these may be hard rubber? The Danmar site doesn't have much info. I am curious if anyone has used them and what there thoughts are on them, also if its a skate wheel wouldnt it not wear down easily? Thanks.

caddywumpus

Archnemesis of Larryace
I used to replace my beater heads with skate wheels. It works great for a hard yet not-too-focused sound. I like hard felt more than plastic or wood nowadays...

...but wait! This one has a black shaft! How cool is that! It will go great with my new black cymbals!!!

Tamascb10

I used to replace my beater heads with skate wheels. It works great for a hard yet not-too-focused sound. I like hard felt more than plastic or wood nowadays...

...but wait! This one has a black shaft! How cool is that! It will go great with my new black cymbals!!!

Black Aphas or Pitch Blacks?

Tamascb10

Oh, man...sarcasm just does NOT translate via forum postings. I think the new black coated cymbals are a bunch of carp! (intentional misspelling)

Like what you will, but they're not for me.

No, it doesn't really go well on the internet.
I actually thought you were serious