Critique this used kit plz

Drumstick

I'm a father going to buy a kit for my 9 year old son. Browsing lots of threads and comments I know that buying used is usually better than one of the new cheap sets with crap cymbals etc. I've been browsing my local craigslist and found a few deals but this one struck me the most because of the name brand cymbals. Is 600$ too much to the seller? Could I get away with offering 500$???

Note he says I need to ADD pedal and seat. But also says there is another floor tom not shown. I assume it's a non matching drum.

https://bakersfield.craigslist.org/msg/5406019465.html

This post was originally supposed to be for a different listing which seems like a good deal also. But that listing was removed in 24 hours so I assume it really was a good deal and got snatched.

Considering it has almost everything, that's not a bad deal. Since they're "asking" $600, I'd offer 450, cash, and remind the seller that you'll need to spend the $150 difference on a pedal and throne. But no more than 500 if you can't convince the them.

There are a number of nice, new pedals in the $75-100 range, and thrones start around $50.

Good luck!

Bermuda

TY for your thought. I'm Really sad I waited too long on the other deal. It was also 600 with 5 zildjian cymbals and hat. Pedal and seat. Plus it had the extra mounted tom which this set is missing. This set seems more of a jazz set due to that missing tom. But in not a real drummer so I don't know if that's true or not.

My son is more of a rock/metal fan. I assume I'll be spending 1.5k$ a few years from now if I can get him to stay interested.

He'll be fine on this kit for now, and you should be able to break even on this kit if you decide to sell.

I'd go for the second kit (PDP).

It comes with the components you want. It comes with a real set of HHat cymbals.

It's going to require new batter heads (snare and toms) in the near future.

I'd go for the PDP as well.

That looks like a PDP CX series, which are one of the best values you'll find on a great sounding kit.

I use that exact same set to gig with, same color and everything.

Just buy it right now.

Back