Coming back over…

Birdy

Having sold the DTX6 and buying a Tama acoustic set, I’ve now ordered the Alesis Strike Pro SE.
I loved the tcs pads but wanted sliders to change pad volumes and good acoustic kit sound so the Alesis will hopefully fit the bill.
-coming tomorrow hopefully.

Having sold the DTX6 and buying a Tama acoustic set, I’ve now ordered the Alesis Strike Pro SE.
I loved the tcs pads but wanted sliders to change pad volumes and good acoustic kit sound so the Alesis will hopefully fit the bill.
Good luck with the new kit! You can get ready reading this while you wait. FYI it has a 1/4" headphone jack, you might need an adapter if yours is 3.5mm.

You wanted sliders should have just got a DTX-PROX module and still had those nice solid multi-layered genuine acoustic samples...

Hope the Alesis works for you - be aware of the pad fragility and make sure you get extended warranty.

Anyone know if the rack clamps from the dtx will fit the Alesis rack as I’ve a complete DTX6 rack and cymbal arms, clamps etc perhaps I could use to reposition the cymbals? Can’t think what use as standard a crash to the left of a hi hat is, but I guess it’s just to use the uprights as standard..

Last edited:
I looked at the issues and it seems the hi hat has had a redesign as have the flakey pad internals so I’m hopeful. I only ever used the DTX6 acoustic kits and the Alesis seems to have a huge range with fair quality too.
I expect as with the DTX6 I’ll rarely dive to deep on adjustments.
is there a video of more of the sounds somewhere?

Good luck with the new kit! You can get ready reading this while you wait. FYI it has a 1/4" headphone jack, you might need an adapter if yours is 3.5mm.
Yes I have an adapter, from when I had the nitro turbo kit

Initial thoughts.
Cymbals seem quieter to hit.
Getting quickly used to the mesh vs tcs; not much difference in volume though.
Sliders are a great benefit to quickly change the pad/ cymbal volumes from the module.
Clamps can easily be opened to move around the rack vs on the dtx rack you had to slip them off the end of each pole which was cumbersome.
Quality of loaded kits not so good as standard on Alesis; no bells on cymbals or rim sound either.
Bigger life size pads a huge advantage for me. I ditched the 8 Tom and bought another 14…
So far no regrets…

Quality of loaded kits not so good as standard on Alesis; no bells on cymbals or rim sound either.
What do you mean by "not so good as standard"?
The ride should have a bell, and cymbals are dual zone (bow-edge), so are toms (head+rim).
Glad you like it!

Standard kits on dtx sound better than Alesis.
Although the cymbals have bell zones, no standard kits have sounds loaded there, same for rim shots (on Alesis.)

Back