Comfort Food

wildbill

Platinum Member
Saw a thread about this on another forum and thought it was an interesting read.
What do you think of as 'comfort' or 'feel good' food?
A few of mine are meat loaf, chili, pasta and stew.

Casseroles, the more cheese, the better:

Hamburger Pie

Hamburger-Pie.png

Mac and Cheese with Sausages:

Mac-and-Cheese-with-Sausage.png

My personal favorite was passed down from my Maternal Great-Grandmother who (as the story goes) got the recipe from a '30s or '40s Woman's Day magazine and would make it for her Bridge Club. I grew up with my Grandmother and Mom making this at least once a month and so I carry on the tradition. It is fantastic!

Spaghetti Amoré

Spaghetti-Amore.png

Tacos. Pasta. Mac and cheese. Chili. Burgers. Ramen (actual ramen, not the Maruchan crap). Hot wings. Pizza. Bacon. Air fried fries. A good curry. Scrambled eggs.

Pizza. My Achilles heel.

same...I am a proud pizza snob. When we did touring back in the 90's with my surf punk band, when we got to any place that we played that was new, everybody else in the band would go to find weed, and i would search out the smallest, dingiest mom and pop pizza place and indulge there. Sooo many good pies in hiding!! And it has to just be the classic pepperoni and cheese...

2. my aunts pesto. I will just sit snd eat it with a spoon, though it is good on everything

3. peanut butter and jelly sandwiches: was my traditional lunch in elementary school back in the 70's. Has to be creamy peanut butter ,and grape jelly. Lunch meat in between...usually beef bologna. Packed in my Emergency (tv show) metal lunch box, which I also still have

4. Frisch's Big Boy sandwich. I was in Boy Scouts as a kid, and my grandfather, and then my father, were my Scoutmasters. My uncle also was an Asst. SM. It was tradition on Mondays after the meetigns for us all, plus my cousin, to go to Frisch's after the meetings and eat dinner. Lots of cool family bonding and life lessons had there

Casseroles, the more cheese, the better:

Hamburger Pie

View attachment 138792

Mac and Cheese with Sausages:

View attachment 138793

My personal favorite was passed down from my Maternal Great-Grandmother who (as the story goes) got the recipe from a '30s or '40s Woman's Day magazine and would make it for her Bridge Club. I grew up with my Grandmother and Mom making this at least once a month and so I carry on the tradition. It is fantastic!

Spaghetti Amoré

View attachment 138794

you have GOT to be a midwestern Lutheran for sure!!!! These remind me of my first 15 years of life at every church function we had...casseroles everywhere....i will need those recipes by the way!!

Celery sticks, cucumber slices, raw red capsicum, raw cherry tomatoes, raw portabello mushrooms, raw broccoli.

Pffffffft.....yeah, whatevs!

Lasagna, lasagna, lasagna and more lasagna.....with tomato sauce and BBQ corn on the cob.

For sweets?......cold Granny Smith apples, straight from the fridge.
You had me until you referred to Granny Smith apples as "sweets" 😅

Back