Colorsound 900 19" crash cymbal

Old Dog new Cans

I'm just curious if anyone has much experience with this Particular cymbal. I've watched a couple YT videos, and it reminds me of my Zildjian 18" medium crash somewhat.

I did a search, found 3 threads, one thread post mentioned that the colorsounds seem a bit dryer than the regular 900 series. Is this the case?

And lastly, I'm a Paiste newb, I know nothing about them and have owned none. Is the 2002 alloy used in their upper level cymbals, or is this a mid-level cymbal?

Thanks

Yeah the Colorsounds are a little drier because of the coating. To me they sound comparable to 2002s and the like.

I have a set of 900 colour sounds. They are pretty dry. They take a bit of a whack to open up. They are definitely just an intermediate cymbal line. I do like mine, I have the 16 and 18" crash, and I do think they look pretty sharp. I have heard from other people that the larger sizes are generally better sounding in this line, but I can't really say for sure.

I wanted a set of cymbals for things like jams and such where I didn't want to use my Sabian HHX Evolutions, and to me they are good for my purposes. I quite like the hats, and the ride is pretty decent too.

Thanks for the posts guys.

Back