Classic Drummer Magazine status?

larryz

Platinum Member
I love this magazine, formerly known as Vintage Drummer. It's been around for about 10 years and touts itself as being a quarterly (issued 4 times a year). However, over the last year and a half they've published only 2 issues. Most of their phone numbers are now disconnected and it's almost impossible to reach anyone about the status of future issues. Their website is still up and running www.classicdrummer.com but that's all I know. The supposed current issue and cover advertised on the website has not even made it to the printers yet. I'm confused. Does anyone know any further inside information as to what's going on? Again, love the mag (it's my favorite) but getting way frustrated at being in the dark. Subscribers who have paid in advance are getting the shaft here. Thanks.

Forgiven

I'm glad I'm not the only one whose noticed this. It's been so long since I received a new issue so I E-mailed them. They said the issue is going to the printers July 25th and I should receive one two weeks after that. I have a bad feeling about the future of this magazine, and it's a shame because it's a great magazine for people who like the "older drummers". I guess I'm old too.