Cheap Maple kits?

Take a look at the Yamaha Tour Custom or the Mapex Meridian maple..... haven't played on the latter of the two but have played on a Saturn and was very impressed.

Don't go to cheap or you'll still be looking for another kit. I've done this and it cost me more. The best maple kit for the money = Taye StudioMaple. ( 4pc.) = $1200.00 You will not be sorry. I had the Yamaha Oak custom and sold them after about one year. Didnt like that oak sound. I have a Tama Starclassic Maple and bought the Taye for playing out. They sound as good as my Starclassic's. I'm getting to like them more each day. Had them for about 4 months. I can mount the tom on the bass drum,( less hardware) and that has with a cymbal holder also. I had it custom made its a be bop kit with a extra tom in Black Oyster Wrap for playing out.This wrap don't change the sound like some say. All I can say is pay me now or double pay me later if not sooner.

the 3007's will probably sound better, for lack of a better word - if their yours, you are playing top of line maples man...

i gotta second the Mapex Meridian maple - just demoed a set this past weekend - very nice sound, nice thumpy toms...

and look at pdp X7's, just switched to a maple shell from poplar with no price change, very cheap, but not sure of the sound...

good hunting...

Remember also when getting a Maple kit make sure it's. North American Maple the overseas Maple is junk.

Just a heads up.

Bonzolead

If you are looking for a kit to gig with ... I recommend you start looking for a used RMV Concept kit. Super light weight thin shells made from a dense maple like wood called Bapeva. The shells have a lower fundamental tone than most kits out there and the attack is incredible. The lugs and hardware are bulletproof and they sound better than most high end DW and Tama kits I have heard. I paid $800 for my 7pc shell pack in mint perfect used condition. There are a couple new ones up on Ebay right now that I bet you could get for under a grand if you ask him to sell without the hardware. The black powder coated stands are awesome though. Again super light weight but good strong stuff.

Everyone has thier own favorites .. RMV is mine.

RMV14-29.jpg

DDRUM006-1.jpg

Back