Cascio Interstate Music News

newoldie

Silver Member
I've bought from them on several occasions and their prices were very competitive, hope they find a new buyer.

wildbill

Platinum Member
I'm surprised and saddened. The times I've been there, they seem to be doing a fair amount of business.
They have lots of drumming seminars with well known drummers.
They also have an annual 'drummerfest', and sell stuff that was used by bands at Milwaukee's Summerfest.
I really hope they don't go under.

vyacheslav

I agree with Pork Pie Guy. Outstanding Catalogs!

I really like them as well. I hope they stay in business!

My only quibble with them is that they wait 2-3 days to ship in-stock items. Everyone else ships same or the next day at the latest.

I hope they also stay independent. The last thing we need is another Guitar Center/Musician's Friend/Music 123/Woodwind & Brasswind conglomerate.

By the way, Woodwind & Brasswind used to be independent and was outstanding. Now they rarely cross my mind.

bud7h4

Silver Member
Bought most of my cymbals from them on ebay. They often had a "send best offer" option. I also appreciate that when they have a sale it's store-wide, they don't just try and clear out their slow stock like others sometimes do.

Winston_Wolf

Platinum Member
By the way, Woodwind & Brasswind used to be independent and was outstanding. Now they rarely cross my mind.
I totally agree. I was a big fan of Woodwind and Brasswind but after the buyout their service just wasn't the same, so I moved on. I really hope the same thing doesn't happen to Interstate Music...

T.Underhill

Pioneer Member
A shame. I ordered a bunch of things from Interstate late 2019 and received a phone call about shipping the items together then a followup call to see how everything went. My experience with their customer service has been outstanding. Similar to Midwest Percussion before they went under.

drumhammerer

Silver Member
dammit people, quit buying your gear on freakin amazon! Why do people do that? Is it that freakin hard to go to another site to get your gear? Frankly, I don't care why you do it, just stop, unless you want super high prices in the future, no sales/service, and love giving all of your money to the soon to be trillionaire besos. You're only hurting yourselves in the end when you do this. Me, I like choices, and supporting small businesses, not businesses that aren't nothing but joker investment corps. that don't give a crap about anything but maximized profits, and avoiding any real service, which will be completely gone once competition is stifled. How many of you here like the cable co.? Well, that's the future of music retail right there at the rate this is going. Total monopoly, crap service, crap pricing that goes way up every year, and the selection will get much worse once they don't have to worry about competition anymore. Not something I wanna deal with, and I don't know anyone that really does, so wake up! This will be especially important now with this crisis going on, (during which of course, amazon is doing better than ever), so at least try going through the painstaking process of going to another site to get your gear. Interstate Music, Sweetwater, and there are 5 star drum shops that do online sales too like Dale's, and many others. Everybody has to sell everything at the minimum price, and has to impose sales tax, so you're not saving anything going to places like amazon anyway. You might have to wait a little longer, but so what. You got anything else to do? Well, you sure won't in the future, because small businesses will start to disappear, and that's what drives the economy, not a few giant corporations.

bud7h4

Silver Member
dammit people, quit buying your gear on freakin amazon! Why do people do that? Is it that freakin hard to go to another site to get your gear?
. . . . .
I agree, and Amazon is always a last resort. I'm not one of these "eat the rich" idiots who think corporation is synonymous with evil bastard, but their success does too often impact smaller business and that's a problem.

dboomer

dammit people, quit buying your gear on freakin amazon! Why do people do that?
As a former small business owner I’m torn. I buy on Amazon a lot because they are so easy to deal with. Local business seem to never have my size or my color in stock. Returns are super easy and the deliver quickly. What’s not to like?

AzHeat

Platinum Member
Can't shop at Amazon and be disappointed when a favored chain or local store folds up! I guess I'm oldskool. Much rather drive across town to a real drum store any day. Once our laziness closes down every viable option, it'll be Amazon or nothing. Imagine not seeing a kit in person, buying it, then deciding it wasn't what you wanted and trying to return. I'll even buy my sticks locally. With all other things, I may find it on Amazon, but will do my best to buy it local. That's getting close to impossible anymore.

Darth Vater

I don't do Amazon or Walmart. Last time I was in Walmart (years ago in NJ) there was a woman in just panties picking up produce and then putting it back on the shelf! Crikey!