Carnivore diet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

planoranger

That's why, unless I've had 1st-hand knowledge or experience on something, I'd rather not comment. For what it's worth, I love milk with my high-fiber cereal in the morning. So that's the extent of my knowledge of the dairy industry.

planoranger

It's like electric cars. Lower local pollution? Sure. Big picture? Much worse.

Lower carbon emissions really mean....... We're moving production to China.
How about battery disposal? Li-Ion is not very environmentally friendly. Same with the "mining" of Lithium in the first place.

Here's an anecdotally sad story. I'm not sure that it reached the rest of the world or not. A young lady here in the states bought a used Ford EV. She paid $14,000 for it. Shortly after her purchase, the battery died in the car. It would have cost $20,000 to replace the battery. She said she would have gladly paid that amount. Only one problem: Ford discontinued that car AND the battery.

Odd-Arne Oseberg

Platinum Member
How about battery disposal? Li-Ion is not very environmentally friendly. Same with the "mining" of Lithium in the first place.

Here's an anecdotally sad story. I'm not sure that it reached the rest of the world or not. A young lady here in the states bought a used Ford EV. She paid $14,000 for it. Shortly after her purchase, the battery died in the car. It would have cost $20,000 to replace the battery. She said she would have gladly paid that amount. Only one problem: Ford discontinued that car AND the battery.

It's a whole thing and it's not really talked about. This shift doesn't solve anything.

There was this idea that the computer revolution would mean using less paper. That didn't work and it's fine metaphor for many other things.

Environment is a global thing, but talking about that would get mainly political.

Then we have the price of electricity, that we don't have enough of and we're supposed to run everything on now, which in reality is made from coal.

Then there recycling, which really means ship our trash to Africa.

I'll take a rocket mass heater and a local cow any day.

Hewitt2

so after reading the whole post, I still stand by my personal world view that balance is everything.. Balance is the highest power. When things are out of balance, bad things happen..

I try as much as possible to eat as balanced of a diet as possible. I don't like the taste of most vegetables, but the ones that I do like, I eat a lot of

sadly, as a Midwestern kid of the 80's, I bought into the fast food diet that we were all sold in our culture, and am now suffering the effects of that with Type 2 diabetes

I don't think our bodies are truly meant to process and survive on one thing only, in the same way that other systems in nature can not run well on just one element of their being.

and I am in the camp who does NOT consider Wiki/youtube/Instagram/tiktok or Facebook as credible sources for anything other than selfish b**ls**t and wasting of time

Stay In Balance y'all!!

Would be interested to know how many of the meat eaters on the thread have actually been to a slaughterhouse or a poultry processing plant or appreciate how meat is produced. I worked in this industry in a prior life and I couldn’t in good conscience continue to support it knowing and seeing what i did.

I’m vegan and have never been healthier but to me that was a side benefit of making a conscious choice not to support cruelty. To me any meat consumption is supporting the inhumane treatment of innocent and sentient animals. End of rant. 🤷

Mediocrefunkybeat

Platinum Member
Would be interested to know how many of the meat eaters on the thread have actually been to a slaughterhouse or a poultry processing plant or appreciate how meat is produced. I worked in this industry in a prior life and I couldn’t in good conscience continue to support it knowing and seeing what i did.

I’m vegan and have never been healthier but to me that was a side benefit of making a conscious choice not to support cruelty. To me any meat consumption is supporting the inhumane treatment of innocent and sentient animals. End of rant. 🤷

Not a vegan but came to similar conclusions when I was a student and (as I said earlier) haven't eaten meat for 12 years. I'm not happy with dairy production but I'll consume dairy but I hate eggs, so at least I'm not a total hypocrite...

Odd-Arne Oseberg

Platinum Member
Will I get a blood bomb in the mail?

Turns out being a carnivore is rather common on planet earth. Humans are not alone in consuming other animals.

I wouldn't feed my cats anything but meat either. There's a reason why so many domestic cats get the same diseases we get now, which is probably mostly due to kibble with highly inappropriate ingredients.

It's just funny how my innocent little carnivore thread is turning into an anti meat consumption manifest.

C. Dave Run

Gold Member

I am surrounded by chicken plants (Tyson HQ is 25 minutes away), I will never work in one. I do eat chicken however, but not very often. My wife and kid love eggs. I do not.

Lots of chicken houses here. That means lots of chicken trucks. Those poor birds are stuffed 2/3/4/5/6 to a box, stacked 6 high and wide, crapping all over each other. Look close enough and there are dead birds in there too. I always feel bad for them.

I grew up on a farm. We raised animals to eat. I wont personally raise an animal just to kill it. I will buy parts of an already dead one however. Humans eat dead animals. I'm human, it's dead. I'm not sorry about this.

Mediocrefunkybeat

Platinum Member
Will I get a blood bomb in the mail?

Turns out being a carnivore is rather common on planet earth. Humans are not alone in consuming other animals.

It's just funny how my innocent little carnivore thread is turning into an anti meat consumption manifest.
Because you've taken an extreme position and are doing a pretty bad job of defending it.

There are certainly carnivores on Earth that only eat other animals. The difference is that they're not actively engaged in agriculture. I don't see a Cheetah putting up a fence to keep the Gazelles in a neat little box...

Mediocrefunkybeat

Platinum Member
So how many animals die in soy production again? Nothing is perfect.
Absolutely correct and the illegal destruction of the Amazon rainforest for soy production to feed KFC's chickens was a reason that before I was even a vegetarian, I wouldn't eat at KFC. Cargill's did this and it was made public back in 2006 and there was a story just yesterday about a Cargill's farm in the UK destroying the ecosystem of the River Wye in Herefordshire.

It is a complex issue, like biofuels. There is no 'right' answer and I've not once said that people shouldn't eat meat. I just believe that if you are eating meat, you should understand where it comes from and understand that it's not appropriate on environmental or health grounds to eat it three times a day.

Odd-Arne Oseberg

Platinum Member
I am surrounded by chicken plants (Tyson HQ is 25 minutes away), I will never work in one. I do eat chicken however, but not very often. My wife and kid love eggs. I do not.

Lots of chicken houses here. That means lots of chicken trucks. Those poor birds are stuffed 2/3/4/5/6 to a box, stacked 6 high and wide, crapping all over each other. Look close enough and there are dead birds in there too. I always feel bad for them.

I grew up on a farm. We raised animals to eat. I wont personally raise an animal just to kill it. I will buy parts of an already dead one however. Humans eat dead animals. I'm human, it's dead. I'm not sorry about this.

I generally eat chickens before they're born. Just the yolk, usually raw. There's some variation, but the ones I use just taste rich and sweet.

So how many animals die in soy production again? Nothing is perfect.

Yes, there is this other side to large scale vegetable growing.

Status
Not open for further replies.