Carnivore diet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Odd-Arne Oseberg

Platinum Member
So, this has been my thing for quite a while. About 3 years with the occasional exception. Lost my taste for most other things, especially spices. Still enjoy avocado and olives sometimes. May also throw in a preserved grilled pepper here and there.

Thought this to be a good starting point for anyone interested.

Odd-Arne Oseberg

Platinum Member
My desire to eat slabs of meat is falling off. I'm not sure why.

I like steak. Dont really care to eat one any time soon. Same with pork chops.

Well, today I had 1 lbs of raw salmon for my first meal and then for my second meal about the same amount of cod that I baked while I made a cream and butter sauce with bacon, scallops and shrimp that I poured over it. It doesn't have to be steak. Couldn't afford that even if I wanted to. There is a nice ribeye waiting in my fridge, but most of my fish is free, so...

Odd-Arne Oseberg

Platinum Member
Who took the pork out of your scratchings?!:ROFLMAO:(y)

Yeah, they just skipped the part about feeding the pigs corn and dropped the middleman all altogether, didn't they?

Just last week I read this article about cheese doodles not being so bad for you because there was only 10% cheese in them. :rolleyes:

C. Dave Run

Gold Member
Well, today I had 1 lbs of raw salmon for my first meal and then for my second meal about the same amount of cod that I baked while I made a cream and butter sauce with bacon, scallops and shrimp that I poured over it. It doesn't have to be steak. Couldn't afford that even if I wanted to. There is a nice ribeye waiting in my fridge, but most of my fish is free, so...
The only thing in this menu I would eat is bacon. I can't stand fish/sea food. Never liked it. I've tried just about all of it.

If the power went out and we all reverted back to hunter/gatherer, I'll be a gardening fool. My neighbors hunt. We could work something out.

I think 25 years ago I'd be down for the carnivore diet.

Last edited:

Doraemon

The only thing in this menu I would eat is bacon. I can't stand fish/sea food. Never liked it. I've tried just about all of it.
Same for me! I can't even eat anything with a tiny sprinkle of seaweed. Or Caesar salad.

Are there any carnivore desserts? Five Guys once had a bacon milkshake...

GetAgrippa

Diamond Member
I’ve always consumed lots of animal protein - wild and domestic- marine to terrestrial. Though recent years I eat smaller portions and less wild- still I love it on occasion.

planoranger

While we don't eat beef products as much as we used to, there is NOTHING like a grilled ribeye steak that has just the right amount of marbling.

I would consider becoming a vegetarian if I could ever find bacon seeds. :rolleyes:

Odd-Arne Oseberg

Platinum Member
@Odd-Arne Oseberg , you know if you have a little garnish on your dish…perhaps some parsley, coriander or mint, it’s cheating right?:unsure: ;)

Oh, I've been 100% pure for long periods and it works fine as long as you eat enough.

Body works a little bit differently as you don't necessarily get that energy boost from food, but as soon as you start moving there actually tons more energy. Sort of a diesel engine type of thing.

opentune

Platinum Member
Sounds excellent, though I would have fried the salmon.
If your fish is free then you have access to part of a very healthy diet for free.
You live on a fjord or river?

Chris Whitten

Silver Member
The problem is that years of research has proven beyond doubt that the Mediterranean diet is the healthiest.
Meat especially was expensive before factory farming. The Med diet is based around fruit and veg that people can cheaply grow themselves, with meat as a treat. Around the Med obviously fish can be caught sustainably by a rod and line or small fishing vessel.
Animal fats in large consumption are implicated in heart disease and cancer, fruit and veg make up the largest element of fibre in our diets, which also guards against bowel cancer. Fish consumption is extremely beneficial.
The simple fact is, the more American based, heavy on the meat, diet is killing a lot of people unnecessarily. To produce enough meat and fish for people to eat two or three times a day, means we are wrecking the planet and emptying the oceans.
So to make ourselves much more healthy, live longer AND combat climate change plus animal extinction, and increase the welfare of animals farmed for consumption, we should eat more fruit and veg (in season!) and red meat maybe a couple of times a week.

Bozozoid

Gold Member
Get on YouTube..listen to Joe Rogans explanation on how he felt while on a meat diet only. It will give you a new perspective. Also listen to Dr. Ken Berry on YouTube concerning a carnivore only diet. I was skeptical but have changed my thoughts on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.