Can We Ditch the 20 Char Rule?

Status
Not open for further replies.

octatonic

This is the issue I have with requesting a like button, an easy way to appraise and interact with posts and threads that you may not have anything to add to.

A UK forum called TheFretboard has things called 'frets' which allows you to give a 'LOL' 'WOW' or 'Wisdom' for each post (although only one per person per post).
They used to have 'facepalms' there too but that saw people bullying anonymously.

You also see people 'fret-whoring'- that is making egregious posts simply to get people to give them LOL's or WOW's- it can be pretty juvenile.

Basically, whatever system is implemented some people will like it, some will hate it.
Some will play nicely, some will find some way of using the process to be crappy to others.

Gruntersdad

Honorary Lifetime CEO
Staff member
Forums are for discussion..Voting booths are for one button clicking.

Forums are for discussion..Voting booths are for one button clicking.

If all I wanted to do was hit "like" or something of that sort, I would stay on FaceBook. I read so many posts trying to gain information, and reply if I feel I have something to add or a question to go deeper. I wish I had found this forum before I bought my e-kit. Not that I'm unhappy with what I bought, but that I would have had more information.

JustJames

Platinum Member
It's been two years and you're still on this?!

images

Gruntersdad

Honorary Lifetime CEO
Staff member
Due to inflation, as of Jan. 2016 this will require 24 characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.