Buyer Asking for 'Receipt of Purchase'

this is new for me. I sold a bass drum on Reverb and shipped it out with UPS the other day. according to tracking it is currently out for delivery. I just received a message from the buyer saying his post officer never received my receipt of purchase. I told him I was confused as I shipped it with UPS, not USPS. he then said he is also confused, but the post officer needs the receipt and probably wants it as proof that the package was shipped.

has anyone else experienced this? I've shipped out countless items and have never heard of this before. I am waiting for the buyer to respond again, but this makes no sense to me.

Sounds like the buyer is confused between UPS and USPS. They probably contacted the post office instead of UPS looking for delivery info.

I mail packages through USPS a lot. I recieved them from USPS also. Never once did the post officer/master ask me for a sales receipt.

If you purchased shipping through Reverb, they will have sent tracking information to the buyer. Send him the UPS tracking information.

I think Polack is right. He's probably asking the wrong people and they're like, we don't see this shipment, do you have a receipt from the sender so we can look into it further?

that certainly seems logical, but he said he's confused as well since it was shipped UPS. I asked how the post master contacted him and he said his phone number. I just don't understand any of it.

UPS and FedEx partner with USPS to deliver packages with their Sure Post / Smart Post services, UPS or FedEx do the majority of the transit then USPS handles the delivery.

I thought maybe that was the case. I've just never encountered this before when shipping or receiving items.

The tracking number from UPS should be all he needs for any proof.

UPS and FedEx partner with USPS to deliver packages with their Sure Post / Smart Post services, UPS or FedEx do the majority of the transit then USPS handles the delivery.
Usually for small items though not a bass drum.

this is new for me. I sold a bass drum on Reverb and shipped it out with UPS the other day. according to tracking it is currently out for delivery. I just received a message from the buyer saying his post officer never received my receipt of purchase. I told him I was confused as I shipped it with UPS, not USPS. he then said he is also confused, but the post officer needs the receipt and probably wants it as proof that the package was shipped.

has anyone else experienced this? I've shipped out countless items and have never heard of this before. I am waiting for the buyer to respond again, but this makes no sense to me.

Hold your and his horses. There's a scam going around about a lost or unclaimed package. The scammers are sending texts to people's phones requesting they follow up through a link.

It sounds as though he coincidentally rec'd this scam notice in the same time frame of your transaction. Tell him to hold off on providing any more info to anyone.

The scam has various iterations but here's some more info on it: https://www.wlwt.com/article/scam-text-message-be-wary-of-this-delivery-notification/30613361

May not apply here, but having a tracking number does not mean the item shipped unless the carrier has scanned the package. When I ship anything worth more than a few bucks, I always get a receipt at the counter. This proves I actually delivered it to the carrier, even if they lose it before scanning.

Back