Budget Electronic Kit for very basic playing

Stev01

First things first
1. I am not looking to progress to an acoustic kit
2. This is for music therapy only (mental health)
3. I will not be playing in a band
(Yes I nearly put 'playing with myself')
4. I'm not planning to play every hour god send
5. Desktop kit wont work as I need to move as that's the point.

Right the question
I'm looking for the following
1. Budget is £250 - £280
2. Needs to be foldable or some way to save space when not in use
3. Preferably some tracks to play along with or ability to play from phone etc.
4. Enough different sound kits to keep it interesting.

If possible
1. Teaching mode of some sort
2. Record mode, or external option

I am looking at the following (so you get an idea)
Carlsbro csd130
Alesis turbo mesh
Tourtech TT-12s

Thanks for any ideas, pointers, thoughts

Save your money and play with yourself. LOL
those kits won't be engaging enough or last long enough for an adult.
Wait til you have more $ for a proper kit. At least double your current budget and look at 2nd hand Yamaha or Roland.
Electronic is not cheap to get into and you get what you pay for.
Just one opinion.
Best of luck to you.
Cheers.

Save your money and play with yourself. LOL
those kits won't be engaging enough or last long enough for an adult.
Wait til you have more $ for a proper kit. At least double your current budget and look at 2nd hand Yamaha or Roland.
Electronic is not cheap to get into and you get what you pay for.
Just one opinion.
Best of luck to you.
Cheers.
Thanks for the advice

I am looking at the following (so you get an idea)
Carlsbro csd130
Alesis turbo mesh
Tourtech TT-12s

Thanks for any ideas, pointers, thoughts

None of those.

Get a 2nd user Yamaha or Roland if you want something to last more than a month.

Where are you in the UK?

North west, near Preston, Lancaster and Blackpool

£100 (bargain) then use excess budget to maybe upgrade a pad or two (needs a new cymbal pad, apparently - few quid on ebay)

£100 (bargain) then use excess budget to maybe upgrade a pad or two (needs a new cymbal pad, apparently - few quid on ebay)
Thanks will have a proper look at used Roland and Yamaha (was also noted by previously poster) as I looked for nearly new or current models only

Thanks will have a proper look at used Roland and Yamaha (was also noted by previously poster) as I looked for nearly new or current models only

I have Yamaha DTXs that are 20 years old in my collection - still working fine - and all my stuff is gigged. Hence recommendation.

Better to buy a good kit 2nd user than a rubbish kit new.

First off thank you for all the comments. I did take note although it may not appear so.
After a friend put me in touch with a drummer who uses an electronic kit to practice and acoustic in his band we had a good chat and (for my individual needs) I have the Carlsbro csd130.
Before the haters start, we discussed all the points in my original post and concluded this was the best option for me.
I could go into why second hand, build my own, just get module and so on does not work in my individual case but there it is.

I do thank you as it gave me more options to look into to decide what was best for me.

Good luck with it mate. Music is good therapy :) I've had mental health problems, serious ones, for years, and music is one of the few things that helps.

Back