Best soft Cymbal bag?

joosti

I'm looking for a good cymbal bag
But I have some questions:

What is the best brand to buy?
is there something I should look out for?

i just picked this one up and so far it's a durable material, has a long stick section on one side (cannot see it on the photo) and separate hihat section on the other plus dividers inside and all around well padded. there's some padding on the shoulder strap as well, although i stuck extra padding on it since i had it lying around (i took one of these and velcroed it on: http://www.manhattanportage.com/catalog/Accessories/Shoulder-Pads/174)

http://www.samash.com/webapp/wcs/st...g_-1_10052_10002_-49960660_cmCategorySA182975

I personally went through switching from a hard case to a soft case just because the hard case is a pain when you are gigging a lot.

What I recommend whatever you decide in is to make sure it has dividers. This will prevent your cymbals from rubbing and scratching each other.

I went with a Zildjian backpack style bag with enough dividers that I can pack all of my cymbals and none are doubled up except the hi-hats but they have their own compartment.

I am sure there are a bunch of good bags this is just what I personal decided on.

504385.jpg

i have a protection racket cymbal case and it was a great bargain over here in england they're very cheap for a standard and it was £19 on offer !
I nearly broke my mums hand when i tugged her to show her it :)
One still very happy me 3 months later :D
Best bet is Protection racket ;)

What I recommend whatever you decide in is to make sure it has dividers. This will prevent your cymbals from rubbing and scratching each other.
504385.jpg

Yup, don't forget those dividers. Especially if you have high polished cymbals. Fortunately, mine only suffered very slight scratches. lol

I'm with Mad James--the Protection Racket deluxe cymbal bag is terrific, if a bit pricey over here in the States.

deluxecymbal_main.jpg

deluxecymbal_altview2.jpg

Another proud owner of Protection Racket bags, including the cymbal deluxe bag. really awesome and durable.

+1 for the protection racket bags. Awesome. Only 1 very minor criticism, if you are using 15" hi-hats then dont expect to fit them in the front pocket. It is only really designed for 14" cymbals or less.

Everything else about it is spot on!!

I think I'm going for Protection Racket
I live in Holland so buying it here or shipping from the UK shouldn't be a problem

I went with a Zildjian backpack style bag with enough dividers that I can pack all of my cymbals and none are doubled up except the hi-hats but they have their own compartment.

I am sure there are a bunch of good bags this is just what I personal decided on.

504385.jpg

That's the bag I have. I like the way I don't have to take the clutch off the top hat to pack it. I can put the hats in their compartment the same way they go on the stand.
Mine's older than this one but I imagine it's basically the same. Oh, and I took the straps off. Fully loaded it's too heavy to carry on my back. Mine also has a pouch on the back that my stick bag goes in. Good bit of gear.

I used the very basic Zildjian bag for years with no ill effects- no scratched up cymbals, no problems. In fact, the only reason I changed is because I started to overload the bag with all the metal I was packing in there... so I picked up something a little more heavy duty.

If you're not gigging out that much, there's no need for anything huge and hardcore.

I used the very basic Zildjian bag for years with no ill effects- no scratched up cymbals, no problems. In fact, the only reason I changed is because I started to overload the bag with all the metal I was packing in there... so I picked up something a little more heavy duty.

If you're not gigging out that much, there's no need for anything huge and hardcore.

Yeah, I only carry three cymbals plus the hats so it's fine for me, but if you use a big cymbal arsenal I guess you'd need something much bigger and more "substantial."

I use bodyglove which I got from Amazon. I cant remember if it has 5 or 6 sections including a pocket for splashes inside. There's also a puch outside for my cleaning stuff & extra parts.

Yeah, I only carry three cymbals plus the hats so it's fine for me, but if you use a big cymbal arsenal I guess you'd need something much bigger and more "substantial."

I was carrying hats, 10" splash, 2 16" crashes, 2 17" crashes, 18" crash, 18" china, 18" flat ride, and a 20" ride. When I got another 18" crash, I decided it was time to upgrade.

I used to have a protection racket case for my cymbals and it's really great, I'd say go for it!
I still use soft case for my drums but not for cymbals.

I switched to the 24" Hardcase with wheels because I find it more durable especially when you're gigging a lot and carrying loads of cymbals.

But like they say here, if you only need 3-4 cymbals, a protection racket soft case would be perfect.

Back