Best Drums To Withstand Hurricane Sandy?

larryz

Platinum Member
Gotta be Ludwig Vistalites, no? The current version not the vintages. I guess Crush too. The new kid on the block could make a name for themself. Good opportunity.

:) Seriously, be safe. out there.

Drums that are in California will survive Sandy just fine.

Really, as much as a drummer may love his drums, when it comes to floods and hurricanes, drums are just things. Life and family are way more important.

I completely concur John. Family and life. My Sunday night jam was on, up until the last minute, then it was cancelled. I thought it was irresponsible to ask us to come out in this mess. No one would have been there anyway.

Back on topic, the acoustic ones. The electric drums require power, of which there is none.

New York City is underwater, people have died and this is the best you can come up with for a thread? I am all for humor etc but this is a little over the top.

New York City is underwater, people have died and this is the best you can come up with for a thread? I am all for humor etc but this is a little over the top.

Did someone stick a drumstick up your butt?

No that wouldn't happen. 35 dead, 8.2 million without power. That should mean something. And I'm sure it would if it were one of your relatives.

Take it easy, dude. We need levity from heavy things, like what happened yesterday in NYC/NJ/W.Va and any other state. actually, FL, NC,...MD...VA...

This was a HUGE storm. It's not even over yet. If ppl come on here to blow off some steam, let them. Things are heavy as they are.

Oh, and I think the best drums to withstand would be...buy a DW Timeless Timber kit, let it sink, and bring them back 20 years from now...Timeless TImber "Squared"...

too soon??

My thoughts & prayers goes out to all the victims in Sandy's path...that being said...Stainless Steel Ludwigs...Larry took my first guess..fiberglass & carbon fiber drums would work too I would think.

Monetary things can be replaced, family & friends can't., Here in Michigan we're dealing with high winds & sleet...crazy weather for sure.

Bonzolead

Oh, and I think the best drums to withstand would be...buy a DW Timeless Timber kit, let it sink, and bring them back 20 years from now...Timeless TImber "Squared"...

too soon??

Now that answer was really creative. Ha! Sorry to offend anyone... I started thread before anything major happened. Of course my prayers to all those affected. In Western PA we were hit hard and schools closed but nothing more than flooding of homes.

Hope Steve B is ok.

Back