Best Double Bass Drum Pedal

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
That's my point. It should have evolved, not devolved.
It did and continues to evolve. Metal is about pushing boundaries. If metal didn't evolve, the one handed roll and heel/toe double bass wouldnt exist. What new techniques have evolved from other genres in the past 20 years?

notvinnie

If metal didn't evolve, the one handed roll and heel/toe double bass wouldnt exist. What new techniques have evolved from other genres in the past 20 years?
You're talking about technique, and physical abilities. I'm talking about music. Music requires rhythm, harmony and melody. What you call metal (for that matter, pretty much 90% of most "music" for the last 20 years) has the harmonic/melodic/rhythmic sophistication of a deaf 6-year old. If you want to include lyrical content, it's even worse.

It seems that many people equate drumming to some sort of olympic sport. Higher, faster, louder.

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
You're talking about technique, and physical abilities. I'm talking about music. Music requires rhythm, harmony and melody. What you call metal (for that matter, pretty much 90% of most "music" for the last 20 years) has the harmonic/melodic/rhythmic sophistication of a deaf 6-year old. If you want to include lyrical content, it's even worse.
Okay.

danondrums

It seems that many people equate drumming to some sort of olympic sport. Higher, faster, louder.
While I might agree about the lacking harmony and melody, would you perhaps concede that meshuggah is quite rhythmically advanced beyond the 70’s metal that you seem most impressed with?

nicholasBR

Meshuggah made their mark in the 90s/ early 00s. Is there anything from recent years that is truly distinct? Portal maybe, but even their impact is 10 years old now.

NackAttack

What you call ______ (for that matter, pretty much 90% of most "music" for the last 20 years) has the harmonic/melodic/rhythmic sophistication of a deaf 6-year old. If you want to include lyrical content, it's even worse.
Said every grandpa ever.