Backpack cymbal bags?

Well considering that pretty much all options don't have a hihat pocket to accommodate anything larger than 15" anyway, I'm going to go ahead and get the MONO M80 bag. That one impresses me the most of all of them by far. Thanks for the suggestions...

How do 22" cymbals fare in the 22" Mono bag? I see reviews where people suggest going up to the 24" if using 22" cymbals as they don't really fit well.

I own the mono cymbal bag and I love it. I have a 22" ride and it fits fine but Mono goes for a snug fit. The 16" hats will not fit in the hi hat pocket but I don't know of a bag on the market that will fit 16's in the pocket. The dividers are the best I've seen. Much better than the Protection Racket bag I had.

I also own a Mono snare bag. My only complaint is that the fit is tighter than I would like but a top notch bag.

The 16" hats will not fit in the hi hat pocket but I don't know of a bag on the market that will fit 16's in the pocket.

The Zildjian backpack bag I am replacing does, although it is also advertised as only 15". Was hopeful this is the case with the Mono but it seems to have plenty of space inside for them anyway. Thanks for the feedback..

I just measured the hi hat pocket. It definitely won't fit 16's and 15's would difficult if they would fit at all. Something the manufacturers will have to pay attention to.

I just measured the hi hat pocket. It definitely won't fit 16's and 15's would difficult if they would fit at all. Something the manufacturers will have to pay attention to.

Great, so it's an excuse to treat myself to a pair of 14s to have "in case" :D

I have used many drum plate backpacks, but I could not find any particular option other than a laptop backpack. I could not find the perfect gear in terms of shape, but I found a reasonably roomy backpack that holds a few things in addition to the drum plates.
This turns out to be the most convenient for me so that I can share it with you. To see such a backpack, you can here: https://backpacks.global/compare/features/backpack-with-lifetime-warranty/
In addition to reliability, there is also a good warranty. None of the stores I have not seen this backpack, so you make a conclusion, gentlemen.

Last edited:
Did anyone ever own a Tough Traveler cymbal bag?
I‘ve heard great things about it, but it is so expensive that I wouldn’t buy one without getting my hands on one to check it out.

I swear by my Protection Racket deluxe…

I don't remember the name of the cymbal bag with backpack strap model I once bought at a local music store, but I think you should do the same. When I first started playing drums, I went to a local music store, and they advised me which bags to use for cymbals, and for about 5 years, I have had the same bags at home. Then I still had good mental health, and now the doctor prescribed me medical marijuana, which I keep in child-resistant bags ( https://www.interplas.com/stand-up-bags/child-resistant-mylar-bags ) because my brothers and sisters can find it. And now the only thing I like in this life is playing the drums...

Last edited:
Everyone is different but I never, and I mean never, use the backpack straps on any of my cymbal bags. And I’ve got 3 of the major ones, Mono, tackle, and the RBX

Fwiw the Mono is the most useful. The Tackle sucks, and the RBX is too heavy.

I know this is an old thread, but I only use SKB with wheels now. I don't take any chances with my Heartbeats.

Back