Back at it (working on blast beats plus double kick)

This discussion is important to future and current readers.
That was why I posted about Derek Roddy. He said just go for it. Don't worship the start slow stuff. He was one of the touchstone people to inspire a lot of others on double bass playing and made a.lot of recordings, so....

For most of us, your point is good. The point I made was you'll find highly successful, PAID people telling you the opposite advice (and also the same advice) given on forums. Listen to them all. Use what works for you.

If you're a fast twitch person already, you probably can progress quicker than most.
I wouldnt want anyone to skip any fundamentals. You need them to build upon. I wouldnt want anyone to hurt themselves either.

Those 100bpm 32nds, they took me forever to be able to play for a minute. It was a ton of work. Nothing got me there except continually working on it. When I dont work on speed for a bit, its harder to go back and do it cleanly.

I don't truly disagree. I'm not blessed much on drums. It takes the longer road of work for me, and so too for most people, probably.

I can do slow up to a point, then there's a gap of poor ability, then a higher notch that is easier (so far). The gap should fill in between leg and ankle technique through practice, but I can practice the faster rate too.

This discussion is important to future and current readers.
That was why I posted about Derek Roddy. He said just go for it. Don't worship the start slow stuff. He was one of the touchstone people to inspire a lot of others on double bass playing and made a.lot of recordings, so....

For most of us, your point is good. The point I made was you'll find highly successful, PAID people telling you the opposite advice (and also the same advice) given on forums. Listen to them all. Use what works for you.

If you're a fast twitch person already, you probably can progress quicker than most.
Playing stuff slowly at first gets me used to the movements I need. Easy for Derek to play new stuff at speed since he’s great, but I still need to get used to new movements as I progress, so playing them slowly at first gets me rehearsed enough to speed up. It’s not that I disagree with playing at speed, but I can’t do it till I work my stuff out slowly.

I can do slow up to a point, then there's a gap of poor ability, then a higher notch that is easier (so far). The gap should fill in between leg and ankle technique through practice, but I can practice the faster rate too.
This is completely normal. Most everyone has those in between speeds where the body just feels uncoordinated.

I'll have days where nothing feels right. Like it's just a bad day for drums. I'm pretty sure this is just a human thing as none of us are perfect.

Look at guys such as David Diepold, even though he plays at insane speeds he mostly looks relaxed, I said mostly because there are a couple of times I have seen him struggle a little which proves he is indeed human. The point being playing relaxed is achieved after training, if you play tense, you will never last long and you might get injured...

Yeah found this out when starting a few years back. Almost injured myself.

Got up to 170 single-foot blasts. Double bass creeping up to the 160s.

Back