Are you still happy?

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Platinum Member
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I find it's best to be honest about such things... It's never going to get better. It's also entirely likely that things will get A LOT worse, very quickly, in the very near future. Like, zombie apocalypse bad, in a figurative sense.

There are a couple optimistic takeaways from this bad news. Now that you know, you can take steps to prepare yourself for the times to come. I'm not suggesting anyone go "Preppers" with bunkers and armories, but a basement freezer chest, some solar on your roof, and a trip to the range to shake the rust off are probably good ideas.

sort of sounds like prepper talk to me...at least prepper lite...but all makes good sense. We have the basement freezer and will be getting solar here in t he new year. I refuse to own guns though...

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
sort of sounds like prepper talk to me...at least prepper lite...but all makes good sense. We have the basement freezer and will be getting solar here in t he new year. I refuse to own guns though...
Well if it all does go south, how will you defend your deep freeze and solar? Hungry people will want your food, and they WILL be armed with something.

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Platinum Member
Well if it all does go south, how will you defend your deep freeze and solar? Hungry people will want your food, and they WILL be armed with something.

I just don't think it is going to get that bad...Maybe I am wrong, and have too much faith in American citizens, but I don't see it being a thing to worry about...and I have my swords, throwing axes and other weaponry that I do use...

I have been in many situations where guns were drawn - mostly after gigs, and for the past 5 years, the people directly to our left and right here in the neighborhood were gang bangers...Crips on one side MS-13 on the other, which made for interesting summers...but I still don't feel like I need one.

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
I just don't think it is going to get that bad...Maybe I am wrong, and have too much faith in American citizens, but I don't see it being a thing to worry about...and I have my swords, throwing axes and other weaponry that I do use...

I have been in many situations where guns were drawn - mostly after gigs, and for the past 5 years, the people directly to our left and right here in the neighborhood were gang bangers...Crips on one side MS-13 on the other, which made for interesting summers...but I still don't feel like I need one.
I dont think it will get that bad either. And gang bangers are just pussies afraid to get an ass kicking.

A gun isnt just a weapon. It can feed you. It can protect you. You can even use it to start a fire for warmth. They arent just for killing people. Better hope the hungry folks dont have one. People where I live can drop a deer at 300 yards. You cant throw an axe that far.

Sorry, I grew up with a depression era grandmother and I live in the south. It's just another tool as far as I'm concerned. Not trying to sway you one way or the other, just curious as to why people refuse to own a fairly simple thing.

Same here, though I'd like to be prepared to use the one I wrestle from the hands of the apocalyptic-death-cult raider that breaks into my house, should I ever be so fortunate.
If that post apocalyptic raider were smart he will cap you through the window before he storms your castle.

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Platinum Member
I dont think it will get that bad either. And gang bangers are just pussies afraid to get an ass kicking.

TRUTH. they were only "thugs" when there were 5 or more around....which is why I was not really ever afraid of them...to a point. I was leery of getting caught in the "crossfire". Luckily, 3 of the 4 Crips died of overdoses, and the older brother moved out, and the MS-13 guys just "disappeared" this summer, and tht place is now being renovated. This fall has been the quietest it has been in 5 years.

A gun isnt just a weapon. It can feed you. It can protect you. You can even use it to start a fire for warmth. They arent just for killing people. Better hope the hungry folks dont have one. People where I live can drop a deer at 300 yards. You cant throw an axe that far.

Sorry, I grew up with a depression era grandmother and I live in the south. It's just another tool as far as I'm concerned. Not trying to sway you one way or the other, just curious as to why people refuse to own a fairly simple thing.

If that post apocalyptic raider were smart he will cap you through the window before he storms your castle.

yeah...I had guns around too as a kid with dad being a Marine, and did a lot of marksmanship stuff...but I just really had no lingering interest, and being a city boy, never got into hunting.

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
yeah...I had guns around too as a kid with dad being a Marine, and did a lot of marksmanship stuff...but I just really had no lingering interest, and being a city boy, never got into hunting.
I dont really need one. I dont hunt, I don't need to. I like to look at the deer. But we do have copperheads here. And wolves, coyotes, and bears (never seen one though, my wife has). I do have my own range to keep myself sharp just in case. But that's it. I hope to never need it.

K Chez

On this subject I definitely have problems conveying my thoughts with any degree of adequacy. I don't like the masks. I wear them at the grocery store just to not look like I'm anti..guy. Underneath my breath I'm going I don't want to be like these people. Around the sick or elderly...YES...its good practice. This is real but other people who speak intelligently with a high degree of knowledge on this very subject seem to tell it all for me. Steve Deace is one. He just made me realize some facts that you won't get from mass media. I could go on and on.

This is how I roll when I'm forced to go out in public. Separates my universe from yours, cuts out all noise and I'm safe if I fall or are in a fire. Someone drops a jar of spaghetti sauce in the supermarket, I'm one tear-off away from getting back to shopping!20200614_103348_md.jpg
When I was doing demo/renovation on our house, I was using N95 masks, which couldn't stop everyday dust/dirt in the air (the gray snot confirmed this) so I'm not buying the "these will keep you safe" BS. I'm not a scientist, but I'm pretty sure airborn germs are a lot smaller than dust particles. No different than having a cup with a hole in the bottom that's leaking all over you while an "expert" tells you it's not and everything in front of you won't get wet.

Bozozoid

Silver Member
God I shouldn't say this..well? F'it. I don't yet own a gun but when I listened to Ted Nugent talking to Joe Rogan on gun control...it was one of those times when I thought..i want one. Two cops were shot a few blocks apart from me which got me thinking karate classes aren't really the answer. I'm paranoid that it will get....THAT. BAD.

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
God I shouldn't say this..well? F'it. I don't yet own a gun but when I listened to Ted Nugent talking to Joe Rogan on gun control...it was one of those times when I thought..i want one. Two cops were shot a few blocks apart from me which got me thinking karate classes aren't really the answer. I'm paranoid that it will get....THAT. BAD.
If you do, take some shooting classes. Not to become the next Chris Kyle, but to learn gun safety, how to operate it, and not hurt yourself with it.

SomeBadDrummer

Gold Member
If you do, take some shooting classes. Not to become the next Chris Kyle, but to learn gun safety, how to operate it, and not hurt yourself with it.
That’s the most sane thing I’ve seen from mr insane p ;)

SomeBadDrummer

Gold Member
I’m a habitual optimist but actually it might get pretty bad. Better to be prepared than regret having done nothing. Do what you think is reasonable to protect you and yours from invaders and all will be well.
I’ll probably screw this up but some famous guy once said something like “All that is needed for evil to prevail is for good people to do nothing”. Do what you think is best regardless of the “authorities”.

SomeBadDrummer

Gold Member
I am a firm believer in safety of any kind. I want to make it to the end and not go out prematurely.
Dude you are occasionally (unbelievably?) semi- irrational like me but mostly spot onQuick question: what constitutes prematurely?

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Platinum Member
Dude you are occasionally (unbelievably?) semi- irrational like me but mostly spot onQuick question: what constitutes prematurely?

for me, it was almost a heart attack...

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
Something accidental or unnatural. Hunting accident, hit by a car, falling off something, things of that nature.

I am irrational, I'm pretty sure its anxiety related. I have been a worrier my whole life. I've been safe pretty much my whole life too. I wont be doing any sky diving or bungee jumping any time soon. Its so weird though, because people dont scare me, and that in itself is not safe.

SomeBadDrummer

Gold Member
Something accidental or unnatural. Hunting accident, hit by a car, falling off something, things of that nature.

I am irrational, I'm pretty sure its anxiety related. I have been a worrier my whole life. I've been safe pretty much my whole life too. I wont be doing any sky diving or bungee jumping any time soon. Its so weird though, because people dont scare me, and that in itself is not safe.

Ok thanks for the explanation.. Prematurely to me involves things other than accidental incidents (typically caused by other humans). Although I suppose hunting/car accident, falling off a log, bridge, ladder, cliff or whatever might be caused by one. In the end it really won’t matter except to those remaining so live life to the full.