Are you still happy?

felonious69

Who knew that that whole time I was suffering from a massive yeast infection?!?!

felonious69

With typing on my phone, I'll just say that to all of us folks who have and still are kicking it in it's ass... congratulations and keep it up!
I always say things will get better. I believe it, so it is true.
To everyone else... kick it!

felonious69

Actually I just recently started saying that, but it sounds good, so I'll keep saying it.

felonious69

GF, her role is distributor service.
I always tell her she is REALLY good at what she does. Because she is.
They (the company) are forcing her to retire and that is stressing her out...big time.
Just got home, and she was talking to one of her bigger money distributors, who told her they had a meeting with other distributors and her name came up with a few of them.
They were discussing taking over the line that is being dropped by her company and having her (GF) work over the phone, from home, like she has been doing for the COVID-ness.
THAT is potentially GREAT news!
Happiness and positivity breed more happiness and positivity.

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Maybe beating them at Baulder's Gate Dark Alliance!

Baulder's Gate!!! I have not played that forever!!! Still play D&D weekly though, which is probably one of the reasons I am still happy!!

Also, after reading MANY of the previous posts, I am SOOOOOO glad I never got into drinking (or drugs/smoking etc...). The years of being a social pariah are definitely paying off. Thanks Ian MacKaye and Minor Threat for helping me avoid a ton of negativity!!!

felonious69

Baulder's Gate!!!
Haven't played D&D for decades. But still the ONLY video game I ever play. Original Xbox.
I am working on how to mount a sword to my kit, cuz Trolls ya know.

Attachments

• Xbox[1].jpg
    Xbox[1].jpg
    377.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Trollbane[1].jpg
    Trollbane[1].jpg
    460.1 KB · Views: 0

felonious69

If I had a nickel for every dollar I wasted on drinking and drugging, I'd be...wait...
See? It's STILL got my brain kinda screwed up!

felonious69

My dad, my whole life, had the INTENSE Reefer Madness mindset. He used to ALWAYS beat the crap out of me (because he was almost always drinking) because I was "insane" or whatever he thought. The first time I ever defended myself and beat the crap out of HIM was when I was 14 or 15...and things changed! I went to jail that day, but things changed!
I never even saw that movie until like 20 years ago and I went: "OH MY GOD!!!! That explains a LOT!!!"

Last edited:

cbphoto

Gold Member
Haven't played D&D for decades. But still the ONLY video game I ever play. Original Xbox.
Metroid Prime was the game that I became addicted to. I’d play it until 3am on work nights. My mind & body frayed at the lack of sleep. I couldn’t understand why I kept playing the damn game but I had to finish every mission.

Years later I read an article in Military Times that gamers are an exceptional demographic because they finish their tasks. Much more desirable than a quitter.

My spawn have alerted me to the fact Metroid will soon be released on the switch. The last time any of my spawn alerted me to a video game was when they all bought me a Nintendo Wii for father’s day so they could play the games and I couldn’t sell off the console. Little grown punks.

Metroid_Prime_4_Release_Date.jpg

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
Can and is, Nothing more than a value system. I'll take the value system grounded in history over the current firmly planted in nothing system any day. Take me back to the time where people had worth and self worth. Zap me there now! Seems only a few years ago....
Well, I don't mean like dont steal, murder, etc. I mean making laws that try to encourage folks to do one thing instead of the other. I feel like that lesson should have been learned during prohibition. When I learned years ago that NY made a law limiting drink sizes in restaurants, I almost punched myself in the face.

Metroid Prime was the game that I became addicted to.

Maybe beating them at Baulder's Gate Dark Alliance!
Mmmmm, video games (drool drool). Having joined life right at the beginning of the home console (mid 70s), I love those things. I still play video games almost daily. New, old, doesnt matter. For fathers day my kid bought me a retro Atari handheld. I've already had a 5 hour Asteroids game on it. I'm pretty sure between instruments and video games, I've spent way more on video games in both time and money. Video games have a 16 year head start however.

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
.I just said: "WTF do you want me to do?" and she said" Just shut up and listen. That is all I need. I just need to vent"
Chris Rock has a bit on this. I used to get frustrated with my wife and then remembered this:

It is 100% true and works. Cant even count how many times I've said "I told you she is crazy."

wraub

Can and is, Nothing more than a value system. I'll take the value system grounded in history over the current firmly planted in nothing system any day. Take me back to the time where people had worth and self worth. Zap me there now! Seems only a few years ago....
Just because morality is legislated doesn't mean it can be effectively done. The real reason to do it is to create a thing of illegality, which can be used to control others.
Such legislation isn't meant to control morality- it's meant to control people.

Besides- whose morality decides the laws? If different people have different morals, a law created from one person's or group's morals that prohibits the behavior of others is by definition about control.

felonious69

I used to get frustrated with my wife and then remembered this:
LOL
13 years. 13 YEARS!!!
And the other day..."How many sweet potato fries do you want with your dinner?"
I say "I hate sweet potato fries!"
Her: "Have you ever even tried them?????"
Not even CLOSE to the first time she's asked that either!

"I'm F_____G 56 years old! Of Course I've tried them!" "That's how I know I HATE them!"

But I am not unhappy!

felonious69

Just got home and secretly repotted the little miniature rose.
When she noticed it she says "Awww did you get that for me?"
I say I got it for us.
She says: "If you'd have said you got it for me, you would've got more points."
I said "I don't need points. I still have a drawer full of C&P green stamps I don't know what to do with."

And I chuckled...and chuckling makes me happy.
(C&P was a grocery store in the 70s)

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

have played D&D since 79 or 80. I still have all of my original first edition books and modules. Also got into Magic:The GAthering in 93, and still play that

I keep these near the front door, cuz, solicitors ya know

deterrent.jpg

the small one actually used to go with us on gigs we had for load out late at night in sketchy parts of town. I actually had to pull it out in DC and here in town...it was quite effective in changing the perps mind.

I never really played video games much, even though I was 7 when the original Atari 2600 came out, and we had one. I just couldn't sit still long enough to become interested in them. They were a "last resort" activity for us. When WOW came out, I tried it, and very quickly stopped...THAT game, plus my addictive personality could have been the end of it for me...

cartman.jpeg

felonious69

E. Gary Gygax was born in Illinois but he spent (A LOT) of the last of his life living in Lake Geneva, WI (about an hour from here-unless I'm driving, then it's about 25 minutes). When I get in the car I automatically cast a haste spell...Habit.
He often hosted D&D games at his residence, I believe right up until he died.
His family funded a memorial there.

Attachments

• EGG.jpg
    EGG.jpg
    247.3 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

baz

Silver Member
I start a new job in the morn8ng.

something l have been looking forward to for a while.

Today l spent my morning doing a 30km zen ride.

I spent my afternoon hanging out and playing with my Granddaughter. My world spins with harmony, how could l not be happy ?

Stay safe and enjoy

Barry

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
Video gaming helped me get my degrees. Back during my Masters it was Intellivision, during PhD home gaming-I still have my Sega Game gear, and during research down times I'd play Duke Nukem, and Doom on PC while some assay, gel, immunoblot was incubating for an hour. The changes in gaming have been fantastic-i've been lost in Red Dead 2 exploration for a year. There is no way to prevent Arthur Morgan from getting TB but you can influence how he dies and how long it takes. He died with the longest most beautiful beard this last time-wealthy with treasure, master hunter and herbalist, etc. I knew Micah Bell was a POS first I saw him-I tried to kill him but I couldn't. The backdrops are just glorious.

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

I start a new job in the morn8ng.

something l have been looking forward to for a while.

Today l spent my morning doing a 30km zen ride.

I spent my afternoon hanging out and playing with my Granddaughter. My world spins with harmony, how could l not be happy ?

Stay safe and enjoy

Barry

my mountain biking and BMX helped keep me sane as well as music for the past year and a half...it was nice to be able to ride more for sure...

Reactions: baz