Are you still happy?

felonious69

Silver Member
I was going through this thread again.
I like to laugh and everyone around me knows it.
Was talking to Kyle at work yesterday, and told him "I used to be seriously angry...all the time!"
He exclaimed: "You?!?!?" "YOU?!?!?"
"All the time!"
I just eventually realized how unproductive and unhealthy that was.
Was talking to two of my bosses once and one says: "Wait...you're allergic to bees and you mowed that WHOLE ditch?!?!?"
Told her: "I was unemployed for almost a year...That shit is depressing...You're my boss and you told me to take that hedgehog you rented and mow that ditch...I do what I am told"
"Bees I can deal with...I have been hit by a car three times! I've even been "hit" by refrigerators twice!"
They both laughed.

I am not a "Lucky" person and I don't count on luck.
I do play the "big" lottery once in a while because it's obvious I am not gonna retire comfortably on what I am making right now.
And I DO believe that a YUGE chunk of change would change my outlook on things for the better.
I am 56 and know who most of the assbags are. It's not like, if they knock on my door, I HAVE TO answer.

Bozozoid

Silver Member
I won't hide my head in the sand. The start of the pandemic..where..how..and why is starting to unfold which may be scarier than covid itself. I'm not sure from here on out if NORMAL will ever be recognized again. To use street language we are in a real weird time now and dropping your guard isn't an option.

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Platinum Member
I won't hide my head in the sand. The start of the pandemic..where..how..and why is starting to unfold which may be scarier than covid itself. I'm not sure from here on out if NORMAL will ever be recognized again. To use street language we are in a real weird time now and dropping your guard isn't an option.

I think we are also in a "time of our own making"...so it is also good for us to "plan for the future" with our actions and reactions now

bud7h4

Silver Member
Anyone who is an anti-mask, anti-social distancing and anti-vaccine is only ensuring that the time it takes for things to truly see some semblance of normalcy will be longer.

I am not against any of those, and am frustrated and angered when I see crowds of people such as the spring break idiots, but I'm also fully aware that the government has absolutely no authority to mandate such things. Not in America at least. It certainly presents a dilemma.

As for happiness; I'm oddly equally happy and angry (yaaay dammit).

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
I am not against any of those, and am frustrated and angered when I see crowds of people such as the spring break idiots, but I'm also fully aware that the government has absolutely no authority to mandate such things. Not in America at least. It certainly presents a dilemma.
The news tells me that in Arkansas we are like 40% fully vaccinated and 30% first shot. The governor has said only fully vaccinated folks should be maskless out in public. Yet I see like 95% no mask.

wraub

Silver Member
I'm going to keep wearing a mask when I go out, if just to make others happy.
Nobody wants or needs to see this. ;)

MntnMan62

I've heard that the vast majority of those hospitalized for Covid are those who have not been vaccinated. In addition, the incidence of Covid is dropping fast in states where the population is more than 50% vaccinated while the number of reported cases in states where fewer than 50% are vaccinated is rising. It doesn't take much of a brain to see which option makes the most sense. Alas, this country seems to be populated with imbeciles.

felonious69

Silver Member

As for happiness; I'm oddly equally happy and angry (yaaay dammit).
Does the government have the authority to mandate seatbelts? Fire alarms in your home/business? Safety regulations in automobile/edifice manufacturing? To make drivers stop at a stop sign or traffic light? To require doctors to be medically educated?

Seems to me like the only thing in America you DON'T need to have a license for is breeding.

Last edited:

felonious69

Silver Member
I've heard that the vast majority of those hospitalized for Covid are those who have not been vaccinated. In addition, the incidence of Covid is dropping fast in states where the population is more than 50% vaccinated while the number of reported cases in states where fewer than 50% are vaccinated is rising. It doesn't take much of a brain to see which option makes the most sense. Alas, this country seems to be populated with imbeciles.
Once again, I think that a lot of what I see is just people who "need to be" contrary minded. It makes them feel smart.
The old "You're not the boss of me" mentality.

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Platinum Member
Once again, I think that a lot of what I see is just people who "need to be" contrary minded. It makes them feel smart.
The old "You're not the boss of me" mentality.

I still think there is a new demographic of people who think they know more than authority...or, maybe not new, but coming out of the woodwork again. People whho are not willing to admit that they DON'T know everything, and are willing to be vulnerable and open minded

I was NEVER good at, or truly interested in science growing up, but I am smart enough to know that it is not something that is fake. Numbers don't lie. Physics don't lie. Biological processes don't lie. Just because I don't understand the processes does not mean that the outcome is wrong, or hard to see. I feel like there are A LOT of people who think the opposite: " I don't get it, so it can't be true" <--- that could be a facet of the downfall of society...willfull ignorance...

felonious69

Silver Member
coming out of the woodwork
I think, not so much "new" but emboldened. It really is kind of a sad, pathetic and disheartening sight.

I ask my bosses a lot of questions and I respect their answers.
I ask my doctor questions and I respect her answers.
I ask proficient drummers questions and I respect their answers.
I ask mechanics questions and respect their answers.

Turns out...I am NOT smarter than everyone else!
All of the folks mentioned above are my team of advisers and none of them are incompetent, scumbag/criminal grifters.

(sidebar: Sweetwater sent me an email about "Pending price increases". Anyone else get that?)
That does NOT make me happy.

someguy01

Gold Member
Most people don't like to feel stupid. Most people will angrily defend a stance that they know is wrong, but admitting fault is beyond their capabilities.
There is also a reasonably large portion of the population that don't like smart people telling them anything because they view it as said person talking down to them because they're smart. It's a matter of pride. As can be seen in my signature, Pride is the Enemy. No one is perfect, but they want everyone to think they are and admitting fault would be an admission of lack of perfection and we can't have that now can we?
'Murica in a nutshell: "You're using a lot of really big words that I don't understand so I'm going to take it as offensive." ~Kevin Hart, 40 Year Old Virgin.

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
No one is perfect, but they want everyone to think they are and admitting fault would be an admission of lack of perfection and we can't have that now can we?
I keep trying to explain this to my kid. She doesnt know how to say "I don't know".

felonious69

Silver Member
I try to explain "marketable skills" to my son...

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Platinum Member
I think, not so much "new" but emboldened. It really is kind of a sad, pathetic and disheartening sight.

I ask my bosses a lot of questions and I respect their answers.
I ask my doctor questions and I respect her answers.
I ask proficient drummers questions and I respect their answers.
I ask mechanics questions and respect their answers.

Turns out...I am NOT smarter than everyone else!
All of the folks mentioned above are my team of advisers and none of them are incompetent, scumbag/criminal grifters.

(sidebar: Sweetwater sent me an email about "Pending price increases". Anyone else get that?)
That does NOT make me happy.

yep...that is how I see it as well!

felonious69

Silver Member
2-1/2 hours left in my work week. Put on some loud-ass rock and roll and get ya yankin and crankin... THAT will make me happy!

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Platinum Member
Most people don't like to feel stupid. Most people will angrily defend a stance that they know is wrong, but admitting fault is beyond their capabilities.
There is also a reasonably large portion of the population that don't like smart people telling them anything because they view it as said person talking down to them because they're smart. It's a matter of pride. As can be seen in my signature, Pride is the Enemy. No one is perfect, but they want everyone to think they are and admitting fault would be an admission of lack of perfection and we can't have that now can we?
'Murica in a nutshell: "You're using a lot of really big words that I don't understand so I'm going to take it as offensive." ~Kevin Hart, 40 Year Old Virgin.

and this is the problem....ego. Not enough people ever grow up enough to get over their ego.

when i was a kid, I quickly learned to "get over myself" from my dad. I was told to "shut up and listen". Assess a situation and ask questions before reacting or determining a path. And then, if you make a choice, go down the path, and find out that it is the wrong one, stop, reassess, and make a new decision or path. Also, I was taught to "admit defeat" and regroup. I was encouraged to fail, but also discouraged to wallow in my pity or fear of being wrong...

now, dad was a bit more short with his words since it was the 70's, and was a Marine Corps drill sergeant in the 60's..with phrases like " I told you so" or "suck it up dummy" and "don't be a whiney p**sy" ( and other more colorful ones) carrying a lot of hidden meaning.

Ego...pride...for the wrong reasons are the downfall of many great things

felonious69

Silver Member
Hey Hey Hey. This is a family-oriented forum, keep your "yankin' and crankin'" to yourself. TMI! :p
C'mon man, Ted Nugget's always yankin' and crankin' and wangin' and dangin', and he's one of the loudest family values guys I have ever heard of...sometimes blitheringly so.