Are you still happy?

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
My wife's new job she is now gone all day-so I drum a lot about everyday.
Heaven..
Heaven..
I'm in heaven with you,
The only one for me
I'm in heaven with you,
The only one for me.

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

SomeBadDrummer

My wife's new job she is now gone all day-so I drum a lot about everyday.
Heaven..
Heaven..
I'm in heaven with you,
The only one for me
I'm in heaven with you,
The only one for me.
Oh wow why do some guys have all the luck? :love:? (y) (y) (y) :coffee::coffee:?

yammyfan

I'm still super happy, but I miss gigging.

At the risk of sounding like a braggart, I have much to be grateful for. I live alone and work from home. I have three drum kits spread around the house and I can play any time I want. My nearest neighbour is at least a quarter of a mile away.

The isolation can be a bit much at times but I'm not lonely. I'm single but I have girlfriends who visit regularly. My brother (also a drummer) comes by from time to time too.

I'm using this time to get in the best shape of my life. I was a gym rat once upon a time so I'm enjoying the process mightily. It's amazing what you can do with a set of dumbbells and a few resistance bands.

All in all, I'm making the best of the situation. We're in lockdown here so there's nowhere to go anyway. One thing is for sure: I'll never take restaurants or theaters or concerts for granted again. The same goes for gigs.

Last edited:

C.M. Jones

I'm using this time to get in the best shape of my life. I was a gym rat once upon a time so I'm enjoying the process mightily. It's amazing what you can do with a set of dumbbells and a few resistance bands.

I worked out at gyms five to six days a week for over twenty years before the lockdown. When my gym closed for safety reasons, my wife and I cancelled our memberships and set up our own fitness center in our finished basement. Working out at home has been a huge convenience. Avoiding the commute and the crowds is a true pleasure.

yammyfan

I worked out at gyms five to six days a week for over twenty years before the lockdown. When my gym closed for safety reasons, my wife and I cancelled our memberships and set up our own fitness center in our finished basement. Working out at home has been a huge convenience. Avoiding the commute and the crowds is a true pleasure.
The convenience of a home gym cannot be overstated. It's wonderful to never have to miss a workout and consistency is key to so many things!

Not to mention the lack of mind-numbing dance music and sales talks about protein shakes and VIP memberships. :)

This period of time that called “new normal” where a face mask is a must, maintaining social distancing and many more just to keep yourself protected. This really gives me a depressed feeling deep inside. I am tired of being this way. How are you guys dealing with this kind of situation, are you still happy?
In recent developmental studies, masking has evolved and is now defined as concealing one's emotion by portraying another emotion. It is mostly used to conceal a negative emotion (usually sadness, frustration, and anger) with positive emotion.

felonious69

In recent developmental studies, masking has evolved and is now defined as concealing one's emotion by portraying another emotion. It is mostly used to conceal a negative emotion (usually sadness, frustration, and anger) with positive emotion.
Really, I like the mask just cuz I ain't cute.

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
That's different than wearing a mask for health reasons. Masking is acting happy when you are sad, acting excited when you are uninterested. It had nothing to do with putting a mask on your face.

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
I was reading about grounding/earthing the other day. Since I go barefoot all the time I must be pretty well grounded. Lol. I probably adopted masking while in anger management and probably the reason I had it twice. I’m probably due for a tune up.

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

? ? Caution!!! Rant ahead ??

so honestly, this past weekend, I have heard SO MANY people complain about how "inconvenient" the mask is, or how uncomfortable the mask makes them feel, and I really had to just stop and consider how soft and selfish American society has become....really.

Like.....really....

maybe I am just missing something, but there has NEVER been a time where wearing a mask has made me feel uncomfortable enough to risk others lives by not doing it; where it has made me feel desperation and despair; where it has made me feel like my Constitutional rights were being threatened; where I was going to need to go ballistic in public to air my grievances....

Christ, it is just a piece of cloth....

and I have claustrophobia...and STILL am able to get over it and myself...

I think what has made me the most sad over the past year has been finding out how, soft, victimized, falsely emotional, and social media/internet driven "15 seconds of fame"fame-addicted our society has become; <----that has been a 20 year evolution.

I think the biggest "negative" change for me has been having to facepalm at least 10-20 times a day at peoples butt-hurt reactions to....everything....

bruh

/rant

someguy01

? ? Caution!!! Rant ahead ??

so honestly, this past weekend, I have heard SO MANY people complain about how "inconvenient" the mask is, or how uncomfortable the mask makes them feel, and I really had to just stop and consider how soft and selfish American society has become....really.

Like.....really....

maybe I am just missing something, but there has NEVER been a time where wearing a mask has made me feel uncomfortable enough to risk others lives by not doing it; where it has made me feel desperation and despair; where it has made me feel like my Constitutional rights were being threatened; where I was going to need to go ballistic in public to air my grievances....

Christ, it is just a piece of cloth....

and I have claustrophobia...and STILL am able to get over it and myself...

I think what has made me the most sad over the past year has been finding out how, soft, victimized, falsely emotional, and social media/internet driven "15 seconds of fame"fame-addicted our society has become; <----that has been a 20 year evolution.

I think the biggest "negative" change for me has been having to facepalm at least 10-20 times a day at peoples butt-hurt reactions to....everything....

bruh

/rant
When a 12 year old child feels like they are losing control, they lash out. Most of society has not progressed beyond this point.
I live where the air is thin and breathing is more difficult by nature, yet the mask causes me no issues.
There is no logic to defend the lack of use, only selfishness.

Last edited by a moderator:

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
Scientifically masks were a quagmire during first SARS and has continued to be- hundreds of thousands of articles on subject from 1930’s. Masks have been directly tested by different methodology and then the real issue of testing people wearing and using. The studies are all over the place, I ignore Meta-analysis because always examine few papers compared to vast literature, and all papers describe limits of their study and how more warranted. Which they keep accumulating and still all over the place-experts in field encourage wearing a mask because it might/probably will help but there is no evidence with impunity nor a single study mean much.

You have to do some cherry picking to make an argument for or against. It interesting to note, that despite lower flu vaccination because of COVID, that flu rates have declined- so either increased distancing, hygiene or masks seems to be reducing flu ( which studies with flu and masks similarly all over the place.) It interesting to note that while flu has decreased we still have increasing COVID- despite varied responses globally.

All that aside social distancing and hand washing in all studies beneficial and wearing a mask is a worthy effort because likely it does have benefit though may not be statistically significant, The evidence is properly fitted and properly designed mask like N95 or better like Heath care workers use , does have a benefit. Some of that is common sense like covering your mouth when you cough, and why not side with caution. I think common sense trumps the quagmire of the studies so wear a mask. All the experts who point out caveats of studies all still encourage wearing a mask. Sometimes it takes science a long time to support what common sense has long supported.