Anyone done buying gear here?

I'm actually a bit concerned that I don't want anything. There's been this impending doom? that playing again is falling away. Me not wanting anything isn't good because I'm fairly frugile anyway. Not wanting anything makes me feel like asking a child what they want for 🎄 Christmas and it's always...no..im ok. You WANT that child like enthusiasm which I've always had so for me personally when that goes away it's kinda sad actually.

I'm actually a bit concerned that I don't want anything. There's been this impending doom? that playing again is falling away. Me not wanting anything isn't good because I'm fairly frugile anyway. Not wanting anything makes me feel like asking a child what they want for 🎄 Christmas and it's always...no..im ok. You WANT that child like enthusiasm which I've always had so for me personally when that goes away it's kinda sad actually.
Hopefully that’s just temporary, but maybe you need a new musical focus or an entire change of focus. I was really into photography for many years. Selling prints, getting published, doing shows, following other photographers etc. Then, due to a series of life and social changes (Instagram), I lost the love. That’s when I switched my focus back playing drums… and here I am. Change can be very refreshing.

I'm done with online purchases until ethics/mechanics don't allow businesses to say "sorry, we took your money but we can't deliver what you purchased AND getting a refund is unduly onerous or only available in 'store credit'".
Recently experience. Bought online says in stock.., get email don't have that in stock would you like X as a replacement? Me! OK..Next email you now owe us more money.. Me Refund please! .. forgeddabowdit..

Not utterly done, but I think I am reasonably close. I want a USA-made kit from Ludwig or Gretsch and some Paiste 2002s. Everything else is gravy.

When I get the urge I ask, "Will this help me play better?" and then I look at this:

More Gear01.jpg

P.S. My new snare drum is arriving tomorrow instead of Friday! 😃

I replaced all of my drums, bass pedal and hardware in the last two years and I'm extremely happy with my rig now. I don't see myself buy anything but sticks for a long time.

I'm done - and it's been at least 5 years.
I only own one of everything and although I still like to look, unless something breaks or gets stolen - I'll just be keeping what I've got.

I wish I could be content. I envy those of you who are.
When I got back into it, all I wanted was a 4 pc set of good drums and a few cymbals. Mission accomplished. Now I did want an Acro and a BB as well, but even that’s fallen by the wayside. I just don’t have the desire to spend a lot on a doubling instrument. That helps.

I've calmed down a lot in the last few years. I have a very small, specific shopping list and I may never get any of it. Apart from that it's just practical purchases (sticks, heads, hardware)...

I buy the gear that I need to keep me on the road, but right now, that only includes the consumables (heads and sticks). At this point, I'm looking to sell a couple of kits and not replacing them.

Yes, I wrote this less than 24 hours ago.
Yes, I found a kit online that I would love to have now.
Yes, I am a very weak human being.

Yes, I wrote this less than 24 hours ago.
Yes, I found a kit online that I would love to have now.
Yes, I am a very weak human being.
Resistance is futile. The browsing power is strong.

(FYI I am currently tempted by a WFL Ray McKinley snare on CraigsList. I blame myself for looking. Now I need to be strong and not cave.)

Resistance is futile. The browsing power is strong.

(FYI I am currently tempted by a WFL Ray McKinley snare on CraigsList. I blame myself for looking. Now I need to be strong and not cave.)

I found a set of born-together set Slingerlands in WMP from the 60s. Total Buddy Rich vibes with the 24, 13, 16, 18. I'm ignoring the fact that they also have a 1940's Radio King 14 x 7 snare with a matching finish.

Ugh.

yeah...one week past a bathroom remodel, and new floors in the first floor of the house, and I am done buying EVERYTHING for a while!!!

but Ii am in the camp that only buys a new piece of gear once every 10 or 11 years anyway, so I am good

I also don 't get rid of gear,so not havig space to put things helps curtail the GAS

I am getting very close to being done . I had my big purge during the pandemic . Went back to my roots with a Gretsch and Ludwig kit . I have all the snares I want . I have a Tama kit on order that SHOULD be my final drum set . I am done with cymbal purchases for the most part as well .

Back