Anyone done buying gear here?

I bought a lot of nice stuff this year, so I'm hanging up the wallet for a long time. I'm living in a state of gratitude for what I have and state of expectant discovery as I find out what this gear is capable of.

I have reached a really good spot and I hope everyone else here will have the same chance someday, we all deserve it.
20220711_205650.jpg

Last edited:
I'm still building my studio, so I'm not done buying gear, per se, but I pretty much have all the drum stuff I could possibly need. Honestly it's probably time to start saving for the eventual new studio facility, which will mean a new house farther from the proverbial street.

Last edited:
I'm done with online purchases until ethics/mechanics don't allow businesses to say "sorry, we took your money but we can't deliver what you purchased AND getting a refund is unduly onerous or only available in 'store credit'".

I'm probably done gratuitously adding to my arsenal, unless something amazing falls into my lap. For example, I bought only two cymbals all year. Actually, one was a gift. And the other was to replace a cracked one on tour.

I'm preparing to sell most of my stuff over the next several years, starting with more than 90 of my Paistes.

I think I now have everything significant that I want, but I'll continue to buy minor things like upgrades and replacements.

Right now, I am planning to buy no more drum stuff. If something breaks, which is unlikely, I will replace it. Here is all my drum gear. Peace and goodwill.

100_0562.JPG

100_0576.JPG

100_0583.JPG

100_0595[1].jpg

This Pearl 14x6.5 piano black Free Floater.

Attachments

• 80E2C770-55CA-41BA-928A-E49604A997C3.jpeg
    80E2C770-55CA-41BA-928A-E49604A997C3.jpeg
    447.8 KB · Views: 1
  • BE2AEAAD-F753-44F8-8B50-886A11956612.jpeg
    BE2AEAAD-F753-44F8-8B50-886A11956612.jpeg
    432.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 3699287E-7A31-4AEF-B134-590B2E3048DD.jpeg
    3699287E-7A31-4AEF-B134-590B2E3048DD.jpeg
    441.5 KB · Views: 1
I've been on the straight and narrow for the last year-and-a-half without buying any drum gear.
I have been refining and dialing in my home studio and I hope to finally button it up this year.

That being said if I ever gain more space down the road the only thing on my wish list is a
Noble & Cooley Horizon kit. But the chance of gaining more space is slim and none, and
Slim just left town.

I don't know that I'm done, but in the last 5 years I've purchased a snare drum and a cymbal, maybe two. If I was 70, I'd be done. At 40, I'm not ruling out the possibility of a wholesale change in the future.

I'm not even ruling out the possibility of buying new gear next month, there's a new project on the horizon and sometimes you need new voices. My current voices are likely completely appropriate, though.

All things considered, if I'm going to be spending money on any kind of musician gear, it's likely going to be thrown at things like sound treatment, microphones, and plug ins. I'm sure wood tubes with plastic membranes and bronze discs aren't going to get much more refined in my lifetime.

For me it certainly feels like it. Been permitted 50% from my job since september and now on daddy leave until march (getting paid way below my ordinary income), not a fun financial situation. I'm just happy if I can avoid selling any of my equipment to get through it, and replace essentials (basically I need sticks, new snare head and snare wire atm). As soon as I get my full job back it might be better times but who knows...

Last edited:
Thanks for the gratitude Ronzo, I still have some sticks to get by though, and a couple of snare wires have come off on my regular snare. But I still get to play at least, and luckily it is not the most expensive stuff to replace 🙂. My boss has promised me full time job again in March after my daddy leave so things should get better. Any big purchases in the drum department seems far fetched though. Only thing I really want is a second bassdrum for my Hybrid Oak kit, but those are so expensive it does not seem worth it (I could bring my guitarist kit, a double bass Stage Custom for a gig if I really wanted to use a big kit). Other than that it is just replacing cymbals that develop cracks (it has not happened to me for a while now, *knock on wood*, but when playing metal, you never know...)

Last edited:
I bought a lot of nice stuff this year, so I'm hanging up the wallet for a long time. I'm living in a state of gratitude for what I have and state of expectant discovery as I find out what this gear is capable of.

I have reached a really good spot and I hope everyone else here will have the same chance someday, we all deserve it.
View attachment 127432
Where do you go from there? Classic maples are among the best you can get. Enjoy them :)

Bought a Zildjian K 22” Light Ride a month ago and now I’m done. What a beauty, the last itch scratched. I’m off loading some gear at the moment and actually selling for more than I paid for it a few years ago, such is inflation currently.

Back