Anybody play the Sabian Sabor Picante hand cymbals?

Push pull stroke

Platinum Member
I have ordered a 16”, I really like the sound of the 16” and the 18”. I’m planning on using the 16” as a top hihat and crash on low-volume gigs where I play with my hands and brushes.

lefty2

Platinum Member
I have a sabian 13" El Sabor splash AA series. I like a lot as a crash. I tried pairing it up with some other 13s for hats but was just too thin. Your hand cymbals might be different than mine.

Push pull stroke

Platinum Member
I have a sabian 13" El Sabor splash AA series. I like a lot as a crash. I tried pairing it up with some other 13s for hats but was just too thin. Your hand cymbals might be different than mine.

I just got my 16”. It’s surprisingly low-pitched. Super-thin edge, you really can crash it with your hand.

Push pull stroke

Platinum Member

I didn’t even know there was a 13” version, I just ordered one on Reverb. Hope I like it.

Yoshinya

I've got the 13" AA El Sabor splash and picked up the 16" AA El Sabor crash barely used from an old bandmate. I don't use them often because I'm afraid of cracking them due to the upturned edge. I like them a lot for situations where I want that sparkly top end in a lower volume situation without sounding gongy.

They're definitely more for stick use, though Sabian used to market them as easily crashable with both sticks and hands. I always wanted to check out the picante hand crashes, but I really don't play hand percussion enough to justify going down that route. Your review has me re-intrigued, though!.