Any Rush Fans?

I just listened to it, and I think you did a great job on all four pieces. I was really hoping you were going to blend all four together without doing all four as separate pieces. Your timing was also impeccable. Keep up the great work man. :) They are my favourite band. You served them up well.

Can I ask for one favour on The Spirit of Radio. Can you stay off of the hi hat on the reggae section, when you play the third beat in every bar with the cross stick. I have to go back and see what Neil does, but I think it would give it more of a Reggae feel.

I also see you like Alter Bridge. They are another one of my fav's. Good taste there buddy. :)

Thanks for the compliments they are appreciated! I am a huge RUSH fan they are in fact my favorite I have seen them live about 28 times...

Neil actually does play hi-hat on the reggae section... I try to make sure when I do a RUSH tune or any song that I play exactly what the drummer does if I can figure it out. I never try to add more than they originally played.

I love Alter Bridge got turned onto them since being a huge Creed fan as well, I posted several AB and Creed videos as well. Thanks again!

Sticks is saying don't play straight eight notes through the reggae section.
They are broken eight notes and quarter notes.

spiritofradio.png

That's not 100% perfect but gives you an idea.

Sticks is saying don't play straight eight notes through the reggae section.
They are broken eight notes and quarter notes.

spiritofradio.png

That's not 100% perfect but gives you an idea.
Thanks man. In my head I know what I want to say, I just don't know how to say it musically sometimes. Reading is my weak area. The reggae part felt too straight to me. I could show him on the kit. :)

Didn't say it was perfect ;-)... But I know what you mean about the pattern on the hi-hat.

Back