And since I was at it....

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
After completing my traditional kit build today, I lamented the anemic single-headed toms that came with my Pearl Rhythm Traveler set. I know they're ok, and they'll do in a pinch, but to me it's like I'm not putting my best foot forward at a rehearsal, or a gig that I could use the kit on.

So my other two orphaned toms (12x8 and a 14x10 on a stand) were added to the Rhythm Traveler bass drum (20x8) and the 13" RT snare, and I must say, they sound more like real drums now. I'm ready for any quickie rehearsals/jams where space is limited. Even with the two regular toms, the kit doesn't take up any more space than it did when using the three shallow concert toms. This kit just got cooler. (How much longer before I just go out and find a 20x14 bass drum for it?RT-Frnt.jpgRT-Frnt.jpgRT-back.jpg

Attachments

• RT-side.jpg
    RT-side.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 2
Do these toms make the bass drum look small?
Sorry, had to do it. ;) I don't know about US stores but there are cheap long floor tom feet if you want to get rid of the stand. Otherwise, it looks like a fun set.

Whack some floor tom legs on the 14x10.

Get the midtown bag that you can fit the toms and snare in. You then have the ultimate travel kit. All the drums in two cases is happy days!

Whack some floor tom legs on the 14x10.

Get the midtown bag that you can fit the toms and snare in. You then have the ultimate travel kit. All the drums in two cases is happy days!
I do have legs I can add, but this 14x10 is the rack tom when I take out the 26 bass drum with 18” floor tom. I’d have to get a cradle for it instead and I’m not sure I want to spend the money ?

I put the remaining toms on eBay last night. Do you want them? They’re in great shape with almost new heads.

No, I have a small kit. It just sounded in your original post like you were replacing the kit.

I do have legs I can add, but this 14x10 is the rack tom when I take out the 26 bass drum with 18” floor tom. I’d have to get a cradle for it instead and I’m not sure I want to spend the money ?

Don't jeopardise the 26" kit!

Back