And here I go....

It is Business..

Teaching is a business...what is sold is not a business.

art is art...teaching is teaching...business is business...and they can associate but are not the same.

Business strives to take profit from something(in this case regulation of teaching art)

Keeping the concepts clear and distinct helps illuminate the logial errors that so many want to profit from through superfluous regulation....such as the falacy of arts objectivity of value. (remember...value is far more than money)

Last edited:
To each their own. Some people think Steve Jordan is nothing but a basic player who doesn't have much to offer to others. Some think he is the greatest groove drummer out now. Some people think Gavin Harrison is someone who completely overlays and lacks musicality. Some think he is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

My point- just because you think this or that drummer is awful, does not mean that others think the same.

Short of requiring universal certification that must be attained before you can solicit your services...

How would that help? If all credentials are fake, and all experts are frauds, wouldn't an expert drummer with decades of experience and acknowledged academic credentials be the last person I'd want to take lessons from? I'd look for a reality TV personality to get my lessons from. Or a Youtube personality. That makes more sense.

Don't believe the fake news fed to you by lame-stream teachers with all their elitist credentials. We have "alternative teachers".

Make drumming great again!

Last edited:
If you get a good teacher, especially in technique, they're worth their weight in gold. You can't do hands on drum lessons on youtube and whoever is doing that video will never reach through the screen and tell you you're doing something wrong.

I remember seeing a drumeo rudiments lesson where the guys technique went against everything I'd ever been taught and everything a good teacher would teach, and the guy was showing a good way to get carpal tunnel with a side of tendonitis and blisters too using finger technique with rubber dip sticks.

If you're a beginner you're at serious risk of developing some really bad habits from a lot of these videos.

I remember when I was at uni and was introduced to Moeller technique, the deficiencies in my playing were startling and I was largely self taught. My teacher was and still is highly respected as a working pro as well as the best teacher near me, he was very close friends with Jim Chapin who came over a lot and gave a lot of us private lessons, cool times, their way of thinking was to set you up to be a working musician for life without getting hurt. Here's what I see from youtube, subscribe, become a patron, sign up to get exclusive features aka give me money.

I think the old adage is, Those that can, do, those that can't teach.
A great teacher must have experience making music of course but there are lots of factors that can make teaching the better choice than only performing:
- less opportunities to make a living playing concerts than 30 years ago
- enjoying teaching more than hauling equipment to gigs to a different city every night
- having a reliable schedule of regular students during daytime and being able to spend time with the family, a partner or friends in the evening / on the weekend

The whole complaining about a medium like YT or the YT generation or whatever you want to call this, to me is completely useless..

YT is a huge medium..

If you wish to find crap, within 10 seconds you can find all the crap you want and complain about the crap being there..

But in the same time also Weckl has a YT channel, just like 1000’s of drumming schools, private teachers, conservatories, pro players, etc..

If a girl who can barely holds a stick wants to make an instructional video, then she has all the right in the world to make one and to complain that such videos exist, is just pretentious crap..

Whats next..?

Also on this forum are people who can barely hold a stick giving drumming advice quite regularly..

They should be banned too..?

If you want a free community, then just let everyone be free to make whatever content they want to make..

If you get upset about the content, in my opinion thats your problem and not the problem of the people who create the content or the people who like to look at that..

People who are serious about drumming will always find their way to serious education, there is really no need at all for “us” to protect them..

If i go on YT now, i can very easily find 100 examples of the videos thread-starter is talking about and complain about them and tell that in my days everything was better..

But in the same i can also easily find 100 videos that will inspire me, because they play beautiful things and talk about that..

Regarding spending my time, i think thats a much better way..

Thats how i see things like this..?

If a girl who can barely holds a stick wants to make an instructional video, then she has all the right in the world to make one...

Whats next..?

You're right. And she should be able to charge money for it. Let's make her President! Enough with these liberal elitists! The so-called "experts" don't know anything.
If you get upset about the content, in my opinion thats your problem and not the problem of the people who create the content or the people who like to look at that..

So you won't mind if I send you a bunch of Nazi videos, or if I launch a media campaign telling people that condoms cause AIDS? After all, anyone's truth is just as good as anyone else's, right?

Last edited:
Frankly, I think this thread is the rigth place to promote the guy who I happen to think is the best video drum teacher there is. He's really quite amazing. If you are serious about learning how to play the drums, watch all of his videos. You'll be thanking me. You'll see. My problem is I can't quite get the Flam Rest part. I always screw that up.

I love Jenns! I had to buy the dvd!

..you won't mind if I send you a bunch of Nazi videos, or if I launch a media campaign telling people that condoms cause AIDS? After all, anyone's truth is just as good as anyone else's, right?..

Yeah, lets bring up nazis and aids in the context of a thread about certain drumming educational videos..

Pretty pathetic..

You're right. And she should be able to charge money for it. Let's make her President! Enough with these liberal elitists! The so-called "experts" don't know anything.

So you won't mind if I send you a bunch of Nazi videos, or if I launch a media campaign telling people that condoms cause AIDS? After all, anyone's truth is just as good as anyone else's, right?

Liberal elites? Politics don’t belong in a discussion about video drum lessons. Completely irrelevant.

Yeah, lets bring up nazis and aids in the context of a thread about certain drumming educational videos..

Pretty pathetic..

Hey, you were right. TMe created some content, sent it to you, and you got upset. It is YOUR problem!

..and you got upset..

What gave you the impression that i am upset..?

I only referred to his discussion style..

Or are you seeing the connection between nazi or aids promoting content and a girl making drumming video content..?

I mean, thats you who always says that we talk drums here, or not..?

What gave you the impression that i am upset..?

I only referred to his discussion style..

Or are you seeing the connection between nazi or aids promoting content and a girl making drumming video content..?

I mean, thats you who always says that we talk drums here, or not..?

Maybe I just misinterpreted this post as upset:

Pretty pathetic..

That's all, not picking or anything. If so I apologize. It just came off as ironic and I laughed a bit when I read it.

didn't Hitler get kicked out of Art school ..?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back