American made drums

I agree on sound, I just try to support American labor where I can - even at a premium, and I fully realize it doesn’t necessarily mean equal, better, or worse quality.
That's totally cool dude, just get something you'll be happy with :)

Don't worry about skilled labour markets. If the US just like the UK gave two hoots about manufacturing and skilled labour they wouldn't have sold it all to China & Taiwan for next to nothing.

The drums I love just happen to be made in the USA, about 2 hours from where I live. If someone can make cheaper drums overseas that sound better than my Ludwig Classic Maples, my vintage Ludwig 3-ply kit, and Black Beauty snares, I'll sell my gear and buy those.

Last edited:
'If you know why, no words are necessary' - doesn't seem to have any meaning either to the thread title, or the points made in the first post.
So yeah, maybe you could explain.

Unpack as in expand.... like clothes in a suitcase. You have an idea there but it's hidden from view.
Ok, thanks .

Shared experiences have a non verbal dimension . This may sometimes be a generational commonality , a reminder of people, places and things .

Last edited:
Which says what about a 1959 Les Paul?
Neil Young .& Old Black... Down by the River, Cowgirl in the Sand and other garage anthems of my adolescence . That's what a '59 Les Paul can say to me . Paul Kosoff , Peter Green ( ' Greenie ' ) , same thing .

Last edited:
The drums I love just happen to be made in the USA, about 2 hours from where I live. If someone can make cheaper drums overseas that sound better than my Ludwig Classic Maples, my vintage Ludwig 3-ply kit, and Black Beauty snares, I'll sell my gear and buy those.
That's a fair point. My old Ludwig does that vintage thump that so many companies are trying to recreate.

The snares are the ones for me. My 400/402/Acro cover all bases. I'll get round to a Black Beauty one day!

was walking thru a mom&pop music store a neusonic in solid black caught my eye; I at first thought they were mint vintage from the Mitch Mitchell era- till I realized

they've Keystone badge--thought they were 60s

Ludwig_Neusonic_Fab_Black_Velvet_LN26223TXB2_A.png

267ae6010d77119e6da2ae02f0dc6d43.png

Last edited:
Outlaw Drums out of Georgia. Hand made stave built from recycled woods.

Back