American football!!!

Test matches are always well-attended over here. Really, it's the first-class game that needs support and that's where T20 can make or break the game. I'm ten minutes from Kent's main home ground and really need to start showing my face more in the domestic first-class season. The (beautiful) ground is practically empty during the games - but it does well for T20s and for other events like firework displays.

Diversify or go bankrupt. It doesn't help that cricket isn't really on free-to-air TV any more and I wish we had a free-to-air First Class cricket channel - but we don't. The BBC have managed to get some test highlights this year though, which is a start. Sadly, the Sky money has been vital to our test team's increasing budget requirements and professionalism but at the cost of viewership and grass-roots participation...

My favourite game-play I reckon are defensive touchdowns or "Pick 6". They are so exciting to see a player scream down the outfield to the endzone.

Wait until a defensive lineman picks up a fumble and runs with it. That's always fun, super slow guy that is hard to tackle. They never get the ball, I always hope they score.

So who's gonna win the Superbowl this year??

Tampa Bay Buccaneers. It's an extremely strange year, and they just acquired Tom Brady and Rob Gronkowski not too long ago. Dangerous offensive combo from the New England Patriots.

Last edited:
Wait until a defensive lineman picks up a fumble and runs with it. That's always fun, super slow guy that is hard to tackle. They never get the ball, I always hope they score.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers. It's an extremely strange year, and they just acquired Tom Brady and Ron Gronkowski not too long ago. Dangerous offensive combo from the New England Patriots.

The Patriots were the other team I was gonna root for (I love their Logo).....but I chose the Jags.

I've gotta stick to my guns.

I was only counting Super Bowls. If we go back past that, the Chargers also won a championship.

Sorry, wasn't trying to rile up the history teacher.

no prob. Wait, what? The CHARGERS won a championship?!? Dang, even I didn’t have a clue there. I really just had the Cleveland thing imprinted on my brain as they’re our rivals. Yes, I’m a forever Bengals fan. Sniff. Sniff.

no prob. Wait, what? The CHARGERS won a championship?!? Dang, even I didn’t have a clue there. I really just had the Cleveland thing imprinted on my brain as they’re our rivals. Yes, I’m a forever Bengals fan. Sniff. Sniff.
Yep, the won the 1963 AFL championship game before the two leagues combined.

Name the only city with both a Superbowl win and a CFL Championship win.

The Los Angeles Rams.

If you did that I’d hafta block/ignore you on this forum.

Seriously?

Jeez Louise.......lucky I went with the friggin Jags then.

That's hardcore of you photo.

And here I was thinking that you are just a big ole softy at heart.

Last edited:
Baltiimore won the CFL the year the US had 6 or 8 CFL teams. They have also won the Super Bowl.

Baltiimore won the CFL the year the US had 6 or 8 CFL teams. They have also won the Super Bowl.

Wow really? I had no idea we had CFL teams in the US. That's pretty cool.

There should be a World Football League. An arena WFL would be cool too.

Anyone remember the USFL? The XFL seems to keep having problems getting off the ground too.

The five American teams—Baltimore, Birmingham, Memphis, San Antonio, and Shreveport—would be placed in the South Division, while the eight Canadian teams were included in the North Division.

The five American teams—Baltimore, Birmingham, Memphis, San Antonio, and Shreveport—would be placed in the South Division, while the eight Canadian teams were included in the North Division.

Geez, that's like the deep south division. None of those teams are even close to the border.

Baltimores Team Hat

Attachments

• IMG_9877.jpg
    IMG_9877.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_9878.jpg
    IMG_9878.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 1

Tampa Bay Buccaneers. It's an extremely strange year, and they just acquired Tom Brady and Rob Gronkowski not too long ago. Dangerous offensive combo from the New England Patriots.

Like this?

Obviously not a defensive linesman.....but still.

Around my area, fans dress like Lions, Vikings, or wear cheese heads (Packers).

faomwif1001.jpg

my mom is from Green Bay, so we have our cheese heads at home...

Seriously?

Jeez Louise.......lucky I went with the friggin Jags then.

That's hardcore of you photo.

And here I was thinking that you are just a big ole softy at heart.
The Pats were total losers. Then the owner recognizes the genius of ex-towel boy Bill Belichick, who uses his genius to “stretch” the rules (there’s a new rule preventing use of self-inflicted penalties to control the clock ‘cuz of him). Along comes Brady and a few other hot players and they become the darling of the US sports media machine. And for, what, fifteen years they dominate the league and every coach has to wrestle against Belichick’s genius. It got so old and stale that it was fun to hate on the Pats. But in Boston? You’d better swear your allegiance or your car is getting torched.

Then Brady leaves for whatever reason and we find out he’d been taking a serious pay cut so they could pay other players better. And the guy’s married to some hottie model so his diet is all rabbit food but NO strawberries. I mean, the guy might as well play DW cuz he’s so perfect.

/rant

Anyways guys, I'm getting the hang of American Football now.....I THINK!

I've been watching a fair few games on YouTube and I Google any things that come up in terms of definitions.

My favourite game-play I reckon are defensive touchdowns or "Pick 6". They are so exciting to see a player scream down the outfield to the endzone.

I also get excited when a quarterback gets sacked. That is cool too.

I watched a game the other night and the QB was sacked 7 TIMES!!

So who's gonna win the Superbowl this year??

wait....quarterbacks get sacked?

I haven't seen a sack in 10 years. Maybe 15. Now-a-days, the quarterbacks get bumped...

Totally. It's the only sport I can think of that has a requirement to even play. If you cant skate, you cant play.

Maybe American football would be more enjoyable on ice.

when i played intramurals in college, all the rink rats would wait for the rink to clear out after 1:30 am, and then play football on our skates on the ice for hours...talk about brutal

(there’s a new rule preventing use of self-inflicted penalties to control the clock ‘cuz of him)
What? So does that mean no intentionally running out the play clock to get delay of game? I'm confused. If it's a penalty to give yourself a penalty, do you gain yards and keep the ball for doing so? How does one prove it was intentional?

Next you're gonna tell me I cant break my own stuff.

Back