Alesis Dm5 pro kit. Whats your advice?

Gusmo

Hello, brand new at the forum, was wondering what your opinions, if any were on the Alesis dm5 pro kit and it's module. I am thinking of buying it, I need an ekit for apartment practicing. and it looks pretty good for the price, $599. Let me know of any problems youve expierienced or otherwise knowledge on the kit that you have. thanks.

I bought an Alesis dm5 pro kit like 2-3 weeks ago. They sound loud but I am thinking about change the hi-hat ( I hear it when I am playing) and get some new pads to get it quit.

Does anyone know how loud they are acoustically?

I played a set yesterday at my local music store. They aren't super silent, but much quieter then an acoustic kit. Volume wise, I can equate the sound to an old-school round Remo practice pad, if you haver ever played one. I doubt it would disturb people in the next room however.

My opinions on the kit on a whole?

After only playing for 5 minutes, it works. Quite well in-fact. The only info I have about durability is that the drums in the store looked like they had been there a while. Toooonnnns of stick marks and marks all over the set, as if people had been playing it as a demo for a long time. All the pads worked fine and it sounded fine throw headphones. The high hat pedal leaves something to be desired, but that shouldnt be a hard replacement.

Last edited:
The best electronic drums for the money is the Roland HD1s. They are more portable and cheap but have great features that my old TD-6 doesn't even have. The snare is dual trigger too and the module isn't full of useless sounds you will never use. I think these would work better than the old DM5 even with the new pads.

The best electronic drums for the money is the Roland HD1s. They are more portable and cheap but have great features that my old TD-6 doesn't even have. The snare is dual trigger too and the module isn't full of useless sounds you will never use. I think these would work better than the old DM5 even with the new pads.

Ditto. The DM5 modules are nice but I've heard bad things about these "pro" kits.

We have a few HD1s in the shop and they're pretty cool. You can also run your iPod or other MP3 device into the HD1 module and then practice to your favorite music. It also has a metronome built in. The HD1 is great for a beginner or a hobbyist.

Back