A Drum Shop Database Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would it also help to have a metro-area designation field, so people traveling can better plan their stops when visiting certain cities? For example, most people know that Hollywood is part of Los Angeles, but would they also know that Monrovia is nearby? Or that Dublin is close to San Francisco? Or that Silver Spring, MD is near Washington DC, but Catonsville, MD is near Baltimore?

There will be some gray areas, like Drumcenter of Portsmouth in Hampton, NH is an hour from Boston, in which case I'd call that Boston-ish. And some places will just be what they are - Bentley's in Fresno, CA for example isn't really near any major city, it's just Fresno. :)

Chain stores can be put on a separate layer so the layer can be turned off if pure locals are wanted. Turn the layer on to see well-stocked chain stores.

I would avoid trying to filter the chain stores, as some are absolutely worth visiting (such as the Hollywood Guitar Center), and others can be avoided (such as the Palm Springs area store.) I'd rather that we post only the stores really worth going out of our way to visit. I view this list not just as a bunch of places that sell some drum gear, but destination shops hand-picked by members who recommend them for selection, service, prices, etc.

Anybody can simply search for "music stores" in a given area... we don't need a curated list for that.

Another infamous Drummerworld list adding to the plethora and cornucopia of knowledge and wisdom within these sacred virtual walls. I predict a successful list. It sounds like a great idea-I've never been to a famous drum store (add it to my bucket list).
So sayeth -the all seeing Taterhead (Oracle/Charismatic Bot/and sometime Human)

Pro Percussion AG
Switzerland, 4051 Basel-Stadt, Steinengraben 40

Great Drumshop - Drummerworld's Home Base...

Daytona Beach Drum Center
South Daytona, FL

His shop isn't huge and it's only a few years old but his selection of new, used, and vintage stuff is impressive. He's got so much gear that shopping there goes like this: "hey Dan, do you happen to have a an acro?" "Totally man! Walk behind that dw collector's, climb over the used pearl kit, don't step on that vintage Ludwig 4pc I've got stacked up! Now move the pile of hardware, use the Tama bass drum I've got set up as a step stool to reach over the ordery cafe kit, and behind there you'll find a few acro's. Oh, don't forget to thumb through that stack of used A's while you're back there."

Hayward Drum Co.
Ocoee, FL (Orlando outskirts)

I've never been but it's supposed to be a great shop and they do custom work as well.

Last edited:
For The Netherlands:

Badges Drum Shop in Mason, Ohio (cincinnati) needs to be on this list.

Super cool boutique style drum shop with high end gear and vintage drums. Plus a cool little room to shed in.

BEPPE! :)

Thanks for the suggestions, I will update the list and it will be revealed soon!

They don't appear to be a retail shop, more of a builder. There's not even a street address. :(

Yes, I noticed that as well. I'll look around and if I learn more I'll post here again. They do advertise on a radio station out of Orlando that is one of the largest stations in the state and they mention "new, used, vintage, and even custom drums!" but their website seems to only mention the custom work.

Yes, I noticed that as well. I'll look around and if I learn more I'll post here again. They do advertise on a radio station out of Orlando that is one of the largest stations in the state and they mention "new, used, vintage, and even custom drums!" but their website seems to only mention the custom work.

The good news is, the online list will be dynamic, so additions, deletions and changes will be made asap after they're presented. :)

FYI, the list currently has 50 drum shops listed for the USA, 7 in Europe and 6 in Canada. Obviously there will be a lot more to come, it's still a work in progress. It should be revealed shortly!

Lone Star Percussion
10611 Control Pl, Dallas, TX 75238

This was the first place I bought hardware from as a new drummer in the 80s. Roto toms, a drum throne and a couple of cymbal boom stands. In those days, you found out about mail-order through the back pages of Modern Drummer magazine LOL. There was no internet.

I happened to be passing through Dallas last month and was able to stop by and introduce myself. Very friendly staff although I was too timid to ask for a tour. All my interactions with them over the years has been via mail-order, so a chance to see it in person was a blast. Made an otherwise boring trip worth it.

20210610_101035_Lone_Star_Percussion.jpg

Last edited:
Dang did they use acid to etch the gong/ cymbal or pour molten metal on-it looks really cool? So you are actually a long time patron but never actually been in shop till now-that's a great story and I bet made the trip worth it. They should have given you a t-shirt or something-going back 40 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back