8 piece kit shopping

Palesticks

Hello everyone, Im Grant I currently own an older tama rockstar that I built into a 7 piece but im now looking to upgrade to something of better quality. Im a big fan of this dude Derek Roddy and hes pretty much achieved with his kit what I would like to achieve in mine. But he plays for sonor and I believe its the S-classic series but I havent been able to find a price on that kit or a company that destributes the product in my area. I have been able to find the sonor force 2007 series and force 3007 series but I cant really tell what the diffrence in quality and price would be. So any info that I can get on that would be greatly appreciated. Ive been looking at tama and pearl at the local guitar center and Ive come close to ordering the tama superstar hyperdrive kit in 8pc double bass form but id really like to learn more about sonor.That and it kinda seems that the quality of pearl has gone down for the price comepared to other companies.

So what im trying to inquire about is pretty much, recomendations for 8 piece kits( currently considering tama superstar hyperdrive,or one of the sonors series kits)

the price range is under 3k, because Im wanting to still buy some hardware and a axis pedal so i dont have to move everything back and forth between my older set and the one Ill be purchaseing in the future.So if anyone knows of any quality kits I can further investigate in that range that would be sweet, or reccomendations/opinions on the ones Im already looking at.

Ive been playing around 10 years now, I took private lessons for 6 of thoes from 2 of the guys who taught john otto. I love jazz and the tones and technique involved but I pretty much play metal with grooves and stuff.
be easy everyone - Grant

metal overlord

Gold Member
well, if it's under 3k, you should be able to get something of a more decent quality.

8 piece?
Now what does that consist of?

2 bass drums, 4 rack toms and 2 floor toms?

Ironcobra

Platinum Member
I think you can get a brand new 8pc Mapex Saturn for under 3k. Which is better than the 3007 or Superstar.

It'll be almost impossible to get an 8pc S-Classix for under 3k, unless you find an amazing used deal.

metal overlord

Gold Member
I think you can get a brand new 8pc Mapex Saturn for under 3k. Which is better than the 3007 or Superstar.

It'll be almost impossible to get an 8pc S-Classix for under 3k, unless you find an amazing used deal.

Yeah, I'de take the Mapex. They make great drums, and that line is a good one.

You could probably get a Starclassic Performer for under 3k if you get lucky, too.