100 Year Anniversary YAMAHA 1987

Randy Laine

Anyone know anything about the 100 Year Anniversary YAMAHA 1987 Drums or how many Kits they made?

Attachments

• untitled (3).png
    untitled (3).png
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
  • 20171012_135756.jpg
    20171012_135756.jpg
    232.9 KB · Views: 8
  • Yamaha Limited 100 Year Centinienal Edition Custom Recording Drums #005 Sineli Walnut Wood.jpg
    Yamaha Limited 100 Year Centinienal Edition Custom Recording Drums #005 Sineli Walnut Wood.jpg
    293.5 KB · Views: 8
Topic Name = Drummer's Name. Use this forum to discuss the drummers profiled on DrummerWorld

Wrong forum.. it will get moved i'm sure.. so no biggy..

40 kits in total, 4 different finishes 10 kits in each finish, i have a birdseye kit...

Last edited:
No, I own two # 5 Birdseye & #12 Dark Walnut, just trying to learn how many kits exist, what Rare woods used, approximate values.
ah k.. well.. i didn't pay much for mine but the guy didn't care bout selling them, he put them on FB market place for like 3 days then gave up and i waited a few months and snatched em cheap.

Actually most likely less then 40 (or more depending on how many of the three others they made) as as far as I know the Carbon wasn't made in to production at all because of the cost

That is probably why it never showed up for sale, nor did the snares From the Centennial run (other seperate carbon snares did made it into production).

Save for two custom models Tommy Aldridge (one of them still with him, one of them at the Yamaha HQ in Japan).

Either way, they are rare and stunning to see. Here are scans from my catalog:

Back