Search results

1. Reggae_Mangle

BFD3 drum VST is working again! A small triggering demo with an e-kit

I had almost lost all hope for this drum VST after it was acquired by InMusic. They had a great offer for all old owners when they took over, giving us a free expansion library. But there were horrible glitches and after a while, the software stopped working completely. I just thought it was...
  2. Reggae_Mangle

Current drum room

Nice kit! I had a Renown too for a couple of years, but had to sell it. Very cool setup you've got.
  3. Reggae_Mangle

How many pedals have you owned?

A few months ago, I acquired pedal no. 5: a Czarcie Kopyto double pedal. I think this is the one! But then again, I always do haha
  4. Reggae_Mangle

Best electronic drum sets in my opinion

I have a TD-30K. It's quite good, but I'm planning to sell it to move to an EAD10-based drum setup. Feel it's much, much better. Then again, I'll probably change my mind and keep the kit, heh.
  5. Reggae_Mangle

Yamaha EAD10 with RTOM Blackholes and low volume cymbals

Thanks! I like it even more than my Roland TD-30K. Planning to put that on the market. My eventual idea is to incorporate a couple of kick triggers so I get defined bass notes. Then record using this kit. Final step will be to use Drumtracker for sample replacement with Superior Drummer 3...
  6. Reggae_Mangle

Yamaha EAD10 with RTOM Blackholes and low volume cymbals

Hi, I really think this has a lot of potential. So much so that I'm planning on selling my Roland TD-30. I have RTom Blackholes on my Gretsch Renown and Zildjian L80 cymbals, and just acquired the Yamaha EAD10. Sounds so much more expressive than an e-kit. Just take the hi-hat sizzle for...
  7. Reggae_Mangle

Room in a room build

Looks awesome! Can't wait to see it finished with a kit inside!
  8. Reggae_Mangle

Playing in odd timings: How do you make use of the space?

Sorry for the late reply, been away from the forums for a while practising. Some good ideas here, thank you all!
  9. Reggae_Mangle

Playing in odd timings: How do you make use of the space?

Hey drummer dudes, I have been listening to a lot of progressive metal and its sub-genres and have really started taking drums more seriously. I mean who would have thought there's more than 4/4? Just by moving out of that comfort zone, I've started to experiment with ghost notes and odd feel...
  10. Reggae_Mangle

NPD Czarcie Kopyto Double

Hey all, this is a video I shot playing these pedals in 5/4. Putting in the practice hours definitely helps! Is it all on account of the pedal? Maybe not, but they sure are fun to play on!
  11. Reggae_Mangle

Ugh, what do you do to a guest who comes into your house and spits at your table? Exactly what the Drummerworld mods have done, throw them out. If that idiot wants democracy, I vote we permanently ban his IP address.
  12. Reggae_Mangle

Thank you, Andy! ?
  13. Reggae_Mangle

At risk of being attacked over my playing (a clear and present danger with the troll venting at how we can't even form opinions for ourselves), here's a short demo of the pedals being played. Sorry the room is dark and the camera angle is terrible. I was triggering Superior Drummer 3 with a...
  14. Reggae_Mangle

Definitely not the echo chamber you live in. Thankfully, anyone can read the responses in the thread (as well as other threads) and make up their own minds about the value of your responses.
  15. Reggae_Mangle

Join A Sub Par Band Just To Get Back Out There?

The way I see it, what have you got to lose? Remember, this was a first jam, and often it takes regular practice in order for everything to come together. As you said, perhaps they were having an off day. Given that you have been without a band for a long time, I think you'd do no harm to...
  16. Reggae_Mangle

Soundbrenner Core Review - Anyone?

I'd be interested in knowing more about this device too. Seems like a cool way to keep time.
  17. Reggae_Mangle

EDIT: Killed the video, will post a new one later today. Hi, a short video of the pedals in action. I apologise for not being able to get a multi-cam video going, too many things going on. Any errors in the playing are obviously my fault, but these are very smooth pedals! Here are some pix to...
  18. Reggae_Mangle

Tama Dyna Sync Pedal.

... And here I was thinking I was the only person being told that my arguments do not matter by that clown... The Dyna Sync looks pretty damn awesome, imo. I think one of the reasons for them having more power than regular direct drives is the shorter footboard.
  19. Reggae_Mangle

I don't really play too fast, topping out at about 200-210 bpm if I want to play fast for any meaningful stretch of time. This grind track is about the fastest I ever played on a recording: I do play in a band, but I'm not sure it's working out. I'm more interested in my solo project, for...
  20. Reggae_Mangle

Part 3: THE BAD 1) Really, really expensive. 2) Seems like a lot of borrowed design elements, even if they all seem to have been improved 3) Spring tension adjustment can be difficult and you have to get down on your hands and knees to do it.
Back