Search results

1. end Goat

Free jazz in a dance theater, the usual

Acrolite Black Galaxy, Catalina shells , Istanbul Mehmet 24" MC Jazz, 19" Masterwork Verve with three rivets, Istanbul Agop 30th anniversary 14" hats.
  2. end Goat

Timbalito cowbell pairing

Hi all, I've had an ongoing interest in timbale sounds for my drum set and recently scored a set of brass Tito Puente timbalitos (9 1/4" & 10 1/4") with stand (but no cowbell holder) on eBay, which I am very excited about. At this size, I understand that I will be more into "metal bongo"...
  3. end Goat

A year in : is my trad grip weird?

https://www.instagram.com/reel/ClEMBWoAotC/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y= ...like Bad Weird or am I ok for now? No discomfort but I can't play jazzy blastbeats on the snare yet.
  4. end Goat

"Jazz" crash cymbals

Wondering if anyone has experience or insight into "crash" cymbals in manufacturers "jazz" lines. I have noticed crash cymbals, usually 16" or 18" diameter, in the Agop SE Jazz and Mehmet MC Jazz lines, for example. How ride-able might these be, say, in an acoustic piano duo? Are they quite...
  5. end Goat

Transporting flat rides in hard cases?

Hi all, just wondering how folks are transporting flat rides in hard cases with regular/"belled" cymbals? I have read in some hard case descriptions that they are incompatible with flat rides? I currently have a Mono M80 24" cymbal bag, which I love, but I'm interested in getting a hard case...
  6. end Goat

Sunny Murray

Thinking that a thread about free jazz drummer Sunny Murray might be overdue. Does anyone have Sunny stories? Here's a really nice interview with him: http://www.paristransatlantic.com/magazine/interviews/murray.html
  7. end Goat

Ten inch main snares

I started getting serious with drumming by purchasing a good ol' Pearl M-80 10" poplar snare drum. I put a Remo Fiberskyn Diplomat on the batter side and a Hazy Ambassador Snare Side where you might expect. I bought a hi hat stand to clamp it to and I have slowly built out a bop kit with it...
  8. end Goat

Cymbal shopping in Istanbul

I have some dear friends who will be traveling to Istanbul in a few weeks and have offered to pick up a cymbal for me. One is an Istanbul native and the other lived there for years, so they know their way around. I have purchased from the Sounds Anatolian Reverb page before, but I am...
  9. end Goat

Orphan hi hat cymbal plan

In a fit of inspiration I bought a 14" Zildjian New Beat cymbal for $40. My current hats, which I am very fond of, are Istanbul Agop Dry Dark 10" hats. My plan is to eventually order an interesting 14" crash and used the NB top as a bottom. My idea of "interesting" is some sort of dark...
Back