Search results

1. Jameson D

Free jazz in a dance theater, the usual

Hey there, Claude! We actually met last fall in Canton, NY. I bumped into you as I was on the sidewalk, unloading my drums to play for a recital. We talked for a minute or two about gear, and you told me about your music. Today I happen to be on the forum, and here you are! It's a small world...
  2. Jameson D

12" Tom Tuning Problems

Hey guys, I hope you all are having a great day/week! I own a beautiful Sonor Prolite kit (10x8/12x9/14x14/20x17.5) in Nussbaum finish. Absolutely gorgeous. This is my first kit with a 12x9 rack tom, I've always played 12x8. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to make that one tom-tom...
  3. Jameson D

Favorite Splash/I need help finding one and need opinions.

Hey, update! I got a Meinl Vintage 10" splash. I love it! super funky sounding!
  4. Jameson D

I wonder which of his 6 different ones that he uses 😂
  5. Jameson D

Dave Matthews Band #41 or Tripping Billies
  6. Jameson D

I have heartbeat cymbals currently. I’m a worship drummer mainly, but I’m starting to play more outside gigs. I would like to get some Istanbul agop’s or Meinl stuff eventually. I’m hoping to go above my current cymbal quality. I just need a splash for musicals and stuff. Partly need it, I’m...
  7. Jameson D

I'm gonna buy my first splash, yay! I'm curious to what ya'll's favorite splash is, because I'm looking and need some opinions. I personally want something that's not too trashy, but sounds a bit like glass breaking, if you know what I mean. Thanks! looking forward to hearing all of your guy's...
  8. Jameson D

Help with hardware bag sizing!!

Epic!! A whole gig in a bag!
  9. Jameson D

I have like $800 in simple hardware rn, I kinda just want to get that ahead bag. that’s what I was looking at.
  10. Jameson D

Hey, I need to figure out how big of a hardware bag to buy in order to fit everything! Here’s what I own and will be lugging around: 9000 hi hat stand 2x Sonor 600 Tom and cymbal stands Snare stand Cowbells and accessories I was looking at an ahead case, but idk if that’s large enough. Let me...
  11. Jameson D

Bass drum “sweet spot”

I missed the depth part in the first message lol
  12. Jameson D

Bass drum “sweet spot”

med tight 22" is my go to
  13. Jameson D

Ankle pain from a new kick technique

Thanks for the input! My teacher actually comes to my house (big win), but he has sent me videos of him doing exercises and such, so I can compare with that!! Thanks for all the input and advice everyone! I really appreciate it!
  14. Jameson D

Cymbal pkg weight is 1 lb…should I panic yet?

i think you'll be fine. ups sometimes just says 1 lb., even though it's like a 20 lb. package lol
  15. Jameson D

Ebay purchase.... did I get scammed?

That's great dude! Sometimes ebay sellers are a pain in the neck!
  16. Jameson D

Thanks matt! My teacher sent me a video last night of how i should be doing it correctly, and it seems i was doing it slightly wrong haha! Obviously it appears that you've had more experience teaching than he has, but he is a very talented percussionist, and knows what he's talking about. If i...
  17. Jameson D

I'm experiencing some ankle pain above ankle, i think it's the soleus muscles? or maybe a tendon? i'm not sure. my teacher is having me try to not bury the beater (which i'm so not used to) and i think it's causing that pain. any help or advice? I would really appreciate it!
  18. Jameson D

New drum kit after 12 years!

That's an amazing switch! I'm sure it sounds amazing! What made you chose this kit specifically?
  19. Jameson D

The most universal crash ride I can find cheap

I love my heartbeat cymbals. They’re amazing quality and great sounding cymbals for a lot less then a nice set of Istanbuls!!
  20. Jameson D

The physics of tom holders.

Tom mounts just annoy me
Back