Search results

1. Rhythm666

Zultan cymbals advice

Goodday, Im looking for new cymbals for my rehearsal room. Im not deadset on a particular brand but i like bright sounding cymbals, i have a 18 and 20 inch zildjian a custom crash cymbals and a 14 and 16 inch sabian aax crash cymbals that i use live. For my rehearsal room im looking for...
  2. Rhythm666

What are the best sounding low volume cymbals on the market

Last weekend i had this gig and the front of house engineer said that my cymbals when struck raised the DB over the 90db limited and asked if i could mute them a bit by putting tape on them which i took off when the place was packed :) This had me thinking of checking out low volume cymbals...
  3. Rhythm666

One up one down set up question

This passed my mind when tinkering with my set up. If you played one up one down would you play the rack tom of a cymbal stand or do you keep the rack tom on the bass drum as the bass drum came with the bracket anyway and why? Some pics would be cool to see how your set up looks like
  4. Rhythm666

Cleaning up old weather affected badges

Good day, I bought a 1996 pearl masters birch studio kit, im going to clean it up and touch up certain areas needed. Some of the pearl badges are affected by time due to weather i think. Can these be cleaned to their original state or do i need to search for new badges? Any tips are welcome, thnx
  5. Rhythm666

What type of snare is this and what's it worth

My wife went to this thrift store and as i like to have different snares she bought me this Premier snare for just about 10 euros which is about 5 dollars. As im not a Premier guy and do not know anything about old stuff can you guys here help me out with what kind of snare it is and what it can...
  6. Rhythm666

Bass drum porthole stick on protector

Good day fellow drummers, i have a question, has anybody used the bass drum porthole stick on protector on the inside of the front head instead of outside? Any reason why this is used on the outer part of the head normally?
  7. Rhythm666

Bass drum hoop protector alternatives

Hello, just curious what do you guys use as an alternative instead of the bass drum hoop protector that you can buy from music stores? Greets.
  8. Rhythm666

How to fix this hole in the Tom

Guys, I have a question, I recently bought a Pearl Masters studio kit from I think the beginning of the 2000's. 22x 16 bass drum, 10x10,12x10 and 13x10(I guess) rack toms and a 16x6 floor. The father of the guy I bought it from drilled some holes in the toms for some reason. This Master kit...
  9. Rhythm666

Best suspended tom mount

Good day, i bought an older Pearl masters studio which still has the tom mounts on the toms,this is pre iss. What would be the best option for a suspension mount for the toms? I will shorten the toms a bit, so will the Pearl ones be good or the Rims version or the Gibraltar versions, or...
  10. Rhythm666

Birch vs maple

Question, Looking for a second set to buy. My kit now is a birch pearl kit, i like the punchiness that the birch kit has. Does a maple kit offer the same or what other wood comes close to the birch wood.
  11. Rhythm666

Evans Hydraulic head.

Question, is there any difference between the Evans level 360 hydraulic heads and the non 360 level heads? I see the non 360 are cheaper but besides the price any difference? Greets, Stanford
  12. Rhythm666

Fame FP-ONE direct drive bass drum pedal

Scrolling on the net on a German based music store, i came across this pedal. https://www.musicstore.com/nl_NL/EUR/Fame-Einzelpedal-FP-ONE-Direct-Drive/art-DRU0038950-000 Does anybody here bought one and if yes what is your experience with it? Greets, Stanford
  13. Rhythm666

Pearl Optimounts

Good day fellow drummers, i have a question, i want to upgrade my Pearl ISS tom mounts on my Vision kit to the Optimount versions and im wondering besides the various depths is the spacing between the lugs about the same? I want an Optimount for my 10 inch tom and i saw one at a secondhand...
  14. Rhythm666

Tama green shamrock oyster drums

I was looking at this set and it looks killer. Anybody has one and likes to share pics of it? Also whats your opinion on them? Are they worth it? Cheers
  15. Rhythm666

Music Store Fame pedal

Anybody from Europe have experience with the new Fame single pedal FP-ONE Direct Drive? The link: https://www.musicstore.com/nl_NL/EUR/Fame-Einzelpedal-FP-ONE-Direct-Drive/art-DRU0038950-000 Saw it in a catalog from Music Store in Germany at a place were I have my band practice. They look...
  16. Rhythm666

Zildjian A custom alternatives

Guys, need some help choosing a cymbal. Im not set on a certain brand, I go for sound and what I like. In my set up I have 2x Zildjian A custom crashes, a 16 and an 18 inch one and I like the clear sound of them. Im looking into buying a 20 inch crash but would like a sound like the Zildjian A...
  17. Rhythm666

Drum setup

I have been playing drums since im 8 years old(am 51 now) and always played the traditional setup way either 2 up 1 down or 2 down or 1 up and 1 down with the toms mounted on the bass drum. I see alot of players playing an offset setup with either 2 up or 1 up and then one or two floors. Can...
  18. Rhythm666

Drumnetics pedal

Anybody tried these pedals?
  19. Rhythm666

Drummers on the forum from Lebanon/ Beirut

Any drummers here from Lebanon/ Beirut? Hope you all are doing ok and also your families, very shocked with what happened. Prayers for ya all. Greets, Stanford from the Netherlands
  20. Rhythm666

Pearl vision ranking.

Can get a good deal on a set of birch pearl visions. Were these a substitute for the exports or are they a set between the export and session series?
Back