Search results

1. E

Remo Sound Master. How Old?

Recently pulled this from an ancient drum. I remember seeing these in the 70s. Were these the UT of their day? When were they manufactured? Dan
  2. E

Does detailing and re-heading help a kit to sell, or is it a waste of time and money?

I have an old Pearl Wood-Fiberglass kit from the 70s. It's actually in very good condition and is in standard sizes 22/16/12/13. Like many kits, it was basement-kept, gigged a bit, has minor oxidization on the chrome. Wrap is tight. Edges seem nice. Heads are pretty grody(one or two might be...
  3. E

In your opinion, when did vintage drums become "cool"?

No wrong answers. I've been playing since I was a kid in the 70s, but I don't recall old drums always being "cool" or desirable. Maybe I'm wrong. If not, when did the tide start to turn? Dan
  4. E

No "endorsement", but people still bought something because of you

I also posted this over at DFO. With all this talk of endorsements and how they are leveraged according to how said person will elevate the visibility(and therefore sales) of said product, well, I'm sure many of us have actually had people buy things after either seeing us play them or trying...
  5. E

Dealing with broken zippers on bags?

I have 2 bass drum bags, both 22", that had the zippers blown out--the pull thing is no longer there. One was a Beato Pro 1 that I'm certain was misused and the other is a Galaxy(H&B). I could buy new ones, but it seems like a waste to not fix these. Are there any fixes that wouldn't exceed the...
  6. E

Does anyone here practice with larger sticks than the ones you use live?

I was wondering if anyone uses larger sticks for practicing. That was how my first teacher taught me. I'm unsure of the benefits, though--does anyone do this? Curious. Dan
  7. E

Steely Dan - Infamous Lost Track "The Second Arrangement" surfaces in great quality

There are many versions of this infamous lost track about lately, notoriously blasted over by an assistant engineer before it could be completed. Lately, a version from a cassette and DAT have been unearthed, and while most of the You Tube vids are carbon copies, this one is not--it's been...
  8. E

Drum things of yours which have walked off....*sniff*

I have been relatively lucky in my 40 years of gigging to have lost very little, relatively. Multi-band backstage setups, NYC showcase gigs, things left in cars overnight, yeesh, it's been amazing that I haven't lost more than I have. However, I try to keep an eye on things(or have someone look...
  9. E

Jim Gordon RIP

https://variety.com/2023/music/news/jim-gordon-drummer-layla-cowriter-dead-1235555775/ Dan
  10. E

Ronnie Zito

Hello All, My musical associate and longtime friend Rick has a podcast in which he interviews people involved with music in the Hudson Valley. This week, Part 1 of 2 with session ace Ronnie Zito(Bobby Darin, Barry Manilow, Frankie Valli, Woody Herman, jingles, TV/movie soundtracks, NYC/LA...
Back