Search results

1. Dr_Watso

is improving inevitable

Like my parents always used to say "Embrace your mistakes!" they always followed it up with a warm hug too which was nice.
  2. Dr_Watso

A really REALLY stupid idea

I hear if it's storming, any port will do.
  3. Dr_Watso

'Air drums' ... do they work?

I think it might be useful to record "in the air tonight" covers. Other than that I'm skeptical.
  4. Dr_Watso

An honest take on Everybody Wants To Rule The World by Tears for Fears

I've never heard it as a straight note thing, and I guess I'm in the "accent" camp, though I almost wouldn't call them that in this context because they aren't really louder than any un-accented notes as they are in OP's interpretation. I've also played it two-handed 16th-value style like that...
  5. Dr_Watso

Billy Jean and Oakland Stroke And...

Oh crap I didn't even realize those weren't you! My bad. LOL you didn't have to ask him for me.
  6. Dr_Watso

Billy Jean and Oakland Stroke And...

I kinda tripped out on how you put together the takes on that first vid LOL. I was sure you were wearing sleeves, and when I looked up you were in a t-shirt, then you cut back to sleeves and I at least knew I wasn't crazy!
  7. Dr_Watso

70% Of Myself: A Weight Loss Thread

Damn dude. That is amazing honestly. For a typical "american" meal this wouldn't even constitute a appetizer and yet it's your solution to better health which has worked really well apparently. Food for thought, I guess. ;) Can I ask how often you allow yourself to "cheat" this diet, and...
  8. Dr_Watso

70% Of Myself: A Weight Loss Thread

I've been trying to be better about my own health and it isn't easy. I went with a happenstance lower calorie diet when I went mostly veg/fish in my 20's and that helped me at least not get to significant obesity weights, but a combination of not great eating choices like too much cheese and...
  9. Dr_Watso

WOW. Keys added to Animals as leader's song

Damn, dude, the brilliance of this guy. I'm not a big DT fan, but I love AAL, and the way he enhanced the song with the keys literally blew me away and turned me into Owen Wilson.
  10. Dr_Watso

I'm coming to America.

LMAO
  11. Dr_Watso

Enjoyment vs. Ability

I think it happens really quick to a lot of people and not so much for others. The short way to put it is you start to get enough knowledge to understand the deeper aspects of drumming and see what you're doing wrong, but don't have the skill-set caught up to your understanding yet. It's a...
  12. Dr_Watso

What lyrics are meaningful to you? [Moderator Edit: As always, please keep the language appropriate]

McDonald's is the place to rock It is a restaurant where they buy food to eat It is a good place to listen to the music People flock here to get down to the rock music McDonald's will make you fat They serve Big Macs They serve Quarter-Pounders They will put pounds on you McDonald's hamburgers...
  13. Dr_Watso

The thing that benefited your playing the most

Consistent visits and open mind at a local jam night. Even when I don't have a gig during a given week, I still get to knock off the performance dust, do some practice playing with others and listening, as well as learning new stuff and genres I don't usually play or listen to.
  14. Dr_Watso

Does anyone play video games?

Stalker 2 pretty soon! Are you also a Tarkov fan? Lots of crossover there.
  15. Dr_Watso

why do drummers in bands never do advanced drumming

Mostly because it's kind of wankery that takes away from the song's intention a lot of the time. It varies greatly with the band, genre and drummer of course, but in general you don't want to be always doing blazing roll-runs or intricate patterns that take away from vocals or drive of the...
  16. Dr_Watso

Are buzz rolls surface dependant?

I mean, I do! Those all seem fun!
  17. Dr_Watso

'Out There'

Interesting stuff. The first one was a bit much for me but the second had me groovin a bit. Personally I would have liked a bit more of a storyline for it, like a gradual build or something, but it's your composition and you can do as you like!
  18. Dr_Watso

Can y'all tell me what you like and don't like about my playing? (Constructive criticism) :) Any tips for improving would be greatly appreciated!

My only comment is to take some of the laundry out of the bass drum LOL. It sounds a little cardboardy... Though it could be partly the mic not picking up everything. Also mirror the suggestion above, try playing to a drumless track to give context so we can see how you handle changes and how...
Back