Search results

1. ineedaclutch

Yacht Rock

Masterclasses on every instrument are contained in a lot of this stuff. You want to make almost any crowd have a great time and dance? Play Brandy or H&O.
  2. ineedaclutch

The worst cymbal Zildjian ever made...

They aren’t great, but much like the guy in the video, something ain’t right with that one.
  3. ineedaclutch

Vegas trip - Miranda Lambert concert - Drummers on the Strip

Yessir. It almost looks like the head is just in front of the drum. The claws appear as though they are behind the head. Looks like a good couple of live shows.
  4. ineedaclutch

Apps for backing tracks.

I’d use ShowOne with your phone. If you can use your iPad Multitracker is pretty great and easy to use.
  5. ineedaclutch

Post your Gig Pics

Agreed. Mine feel like they’re on the verge of the gooseneck falling off at any moment. They are also a pain to put on and the spring-loaded claw is deadly. I’ve resorted to using either of these, with a preference for the Lewitt ...
  6. ineedaclutch

ID this drummer please

@Merlin5 Robert “Mousey” Thompson I believe. Killer player along with everyone else on stage. Erik Hargrove on the other side, btw.
  7. ineedaclutch

Hmmm, Which Finish?

Yellow Gloss. Close your eyes, bam, it’s black. 2 for 1.
  8. ineedaclutch

Heaviest piece of gear you've had to move when gigging?

Hey, you're not supposed to let them know we can do that. I feign ignorance when confronted with such requests from the standers.
  9. ineedaclutch

Custom camco/tama pedal? Had it since 80/90s

I think Tama called it a HiBeat, but I could be off about that.
  10. ineedaclutch

what other hobbies, interests do you have?

As long as you don’t post a pic.
  11. ineedaclutch

Lightweight Hardware Pack

I normally set up a snare stand with one leg and one arm facing the center of my body. With the Crosstown I have to set it up with two legs and arms facing me around 4 and 8 o’clock, approximately where both hands strike. It was fine, for me, after doing that.
  12. ineedaclutch

Lightweight Hardware Pack

Another vote for the Yamaha Crosstown. I also own the DW Ultralights, and while I do prefer their looks, size and gearless tilter, they don't hold up to windy conditions. The Crosstowns are almost as light and sturdy outdoors. I hang a 10" tom from one.
  13. ineedaclutch

How do you move your hardware (to gigs)?

This Gravity bag. @Mr Farkle mentioned the shorter version in a thread and I thought the longer one would be perfect. It is. I don’t have to break anything down and all the stands have their own compartment. The throne base, floor tom legs, tom arms, stick bag, and pedal go in a separate...
  14. ineedaclutch

Would you cancel your sub?

Sub should be paid if they do the gig or not, if you or your band decide you should play. Depends on the importance of the gig/show.
  15. ineedaclutch

What's your latest purchase?

I use one of these as a wurst mic on drums, and as an ambient mic for my iems when on bass. Absolutely bulletproof.
  16. ineedaclutch

Your Favorite Drum Intros

This, Shirley
  17. ineedaclutch

Vintage Tama tom mount

1 1/8” tube is correct. I just measured the heavy Omnilock bastard from my 80s Imps.
  18. ineedaclutch

Do live sound engineers typically charge/receive more $$ on a holiday?

I'd be asking extra for the holiday, and combat pay for the wedding.
  19. ineedaclutch

which 3 percussion you would find useful to have as part of your drums?

1 Cowbell 2 timbal 3 jam block 3a tambourine
  20. ineedaclutch

Tempo

This was in regards to certain artists and GB gigs wherein the structure may change, but the tempo remains the same. Unfortunately, the sequences don't care about artistry. Other groups want to change feels and tempos on the bandstand, but they don't work nearly as much. I am happy to...
Back