Search results

1. Joey182

Drum recording questions.

So I have money to buy recording equipment for Youtube videos. I would like to know a full list of everything I will need to start such as "Mics, Audio Interface, Cables,etc...) I have no idea what I need to buy to get this all started. Please also give a suggestion with everything. I would...
  2. Joey182

DW Pedals

So I currently own a DW5000 Single pedal. I was thinking about trying out some double bass drum stuff for some more complex grooves instead of me heel-toeing the hell out of myself. So I was thinking about getting a DW5000 double pedal, or a 7000, 8000, Really I just want to know which one won't...
  3. Joey182

Grip Too Tight?

I was just playing the drums when my finger (right index) started to get a blister. I put some surgical tape and a band-aid on it. I usually get blisters on my middle and ring fingers. Can someone please point out why I'm getting blisters after only 15 minutes of playing? This isn't a pain-free...
  4. Joey182

Pretty decent question for ya'

So I've changed my style from the hard hitting Travis , I hardly listen to Blink 182 anymore either. But yet I have a problem: 182 is on the end of my name (Joey182). Is there any way that I can possibly change or modify my name on here? Thanks in advance. ***** In case your wondering what my...
  5. Joey182

Some unfortunate things as a Teenager... READ!

I don't get to play anymore, because my father hates drumming and punk-ish music, and thinks I'm on drugs (I'm not). I get drug tested almost 3 times a month, and I haven't even tried anything yet! He is very overprotective, which is why I'm starting to turn into a kid who goes out late at night...
  6. Joey182

DW Hardcore Beater Review.

I recently got a DW Hardcore Beater, and I must say WOW. If your looking for that "clicky" or punchy bass sound, this does it! I was looking for an ADTR bass sound with little tone, with really just a click (sounds awesome), and I got it perfectly! I have a Remo PS3 Head with a Falam Slam, and a...
  7. Joey182

Snare drum help (sound preference)

Hey all. I was listening to one of my favorite bands (Angels and Airwaves), and heard the song named "Everything's Magic". I loved the snare sound and wanted to know how to get this. The drummers name is Atom Willard By-The-Way. Just let me know on heads, tuning, and sizes...
  8. Joey182

Help me improve my overall technique in fills and timing?

So as most of you know, I'm constantly questioned on my playing ability, because I want new sets and equipment. ANYWAY 1) I've been having trouble with timing after fills, and my left hand follows my right on off beats, and it sounds TERRIBLE. 2) My para-diddles need work as does my...
  9. Joey182

Best deal ever!

I was talking to my friend on Facebook, and he agreed to letting me buy his 16" A Custom Crash, 18" A Custom Crash, DW 5000 Boom stands (2), and A Custom 14" hats. For 100$!!!!! One of these cymbals costs twice this amount, and he agreed to it because he got a sponsorship from Gibraltar, and TRX...
  10. Joey182

Remo bass drum head help.

Hey guys, As you all know I love to get new gear, and hope this isn't a crappy thread like others! Anyway, I have a Remo Powerstoke 3 batter head, with a Falam Slam, and a Remo Coated Ambassador on my resonant side (with two 4" O's). The bass sound isn't exactly what I want for it, and its the...
  11. Joey182

Band name troubles! HELP!!!!!!

My band named "Saturday Morning" has received an email about the band name being taken already. Not sure what to do now! The band genre is like a funny high energy punk. Such as the genre "Ska", and "pop-punk". The band that inspire us are: OLDER Blink-182, The Aquabats, GreenDay, etc... Need...
  12. Joey182

New set for summer. Acrylic or Wood????

As some of you may know, I finally got a job for summer that will pay very well for 15 years old. I have been speaking with the owner of Precision Drum Co. for the past 2 years, and I have always wanted to buy a kit from him, but never had the money. So anyway... I have always loved the look and...
  13. Joey182

Remo head switch... HELP!

I have a Gretsch Catalina Maple, with Remo coated Ambassadors on top, with clear ambassadors on bottom. Its about time to switch batter heads, and I was thinking of coated emperors. What do you think? I like the deeper, and mellow tom sound, but with little to no overtones. Any suggestions? I...
  14. Joey182

Sad Truth about my Gibraltar stands.....

I was playing today and my Gibraltar stands were wiggling and rocking back and forth! I went to my closet and pulled out some old SP (Sound Percussion) 30$ stands, and to be honest I like these more! I don't really have any more wiggle on my crash's and splash's stands. Good thing is that I'm...
  15. Joey182

Just got a "Drum House". LOOK!

Its under construction, but here you go! About 350-400 Sq. feet
  16. Joey182

Shine Select Custom Drums. Opinions.

Hey there DW! As most of you know I am always looking for the "next big thing". I think I just found it! Shine drum company has accomplished themselves in the drumming industry already, and make some of the best drums I've ever heard. I was browsing their site...
  17. Joey182

Refinished Drum. BY ME!

I recently refinished this drum for a friend, free of charge. We were both very happy with the results and I gave it to him at church. To do the hardware, I stripped the chrome and sprayed it in (blue chrome) spray paint. I painted the drums black and cut out pieces of paper and did white...
  18. Joey182

Please help me out! Annoying Jerk at school about drumming!

There is a kid at school that claims to be the best drummer in Florida and apparently everyone else sucks. (he included Buddy Rich in this as well). ANYWAYS!!!!!!!!!!! This is what he did to me today! I was speaking to Gary Folchi (Owner of Precision Drum Co.) about ordering a blue acrylic 4...
  19. Joey182

Low budget drum recording help!

Hey there! I'm looking to start recording drums but I must keep my cost under 450$. I already have the drums, and the computer, and a great sounding room. I just need to know what I will need? Please recommend: mics, mixers, software, stands and all the other necessary equipment. I have never...
  20. Joey182

Sonor Safari Recommendations. Should I switch??

I currently own the Gretsch Catalina Maple drum set. The sizes are: 10x8 tom 12x9 tom 14x14 floor tom 16x16 floor tom 22x18 bass 14x6 snare. I am currently trying to get more space in my room and heard about the Sonor Safari kit. The sizes for this are: 16" x 16" bass drum with riser attachment...
Back