Search results

1. cerendrad

Remote hi hat stand advice / questions

Hi all I just got my first rack system and can finally get my toms exactly where I want them. That got me thinking about my hi hat stand. I always have a small conflict with where I need to place the hat pedal due to the double base stance I like to use. I have no problem using the hat pedal in...
  2. cerendrad

Your advice on In Ear Monitors

Hi all, I've used noise filtering ear plugs and a monitor pointed at me for gigs for some time now. I can run a mix of bass , guitar, and vocals at levels I find easy to play to into the monitor. I was thinking to better protect my hearing and move up to the next level IEM's would be the way to...
  3. cerendrad

double bass balance

Any tips for my issue would be greatly appreciated. I play heel up. Sometimes while practicing fast double bass patterns under whole kit tom/cymbal/snare fills I find I can get unbalanced. At first I thought I just couldn't play what I wanted to play but then while playing with a click I...
  4. cerendrad

Mic's on a budget?

Hi all, I am setting up a home studio to record original music from current and older bands I have been part of. I have a Tascam USB interface coming which will do 8 XLR's in at a time. Years ago I bought a shure mic kit with 3 SM57's and a Beta 52. I think they work great but I have no...
  5. cerendrad

Birch Drumkit - What heads work best for you?

I just scored on a almost new Japanese Yamaha Birch CA kit. 20" bass, 10,12,14 toms and I'm looking to add a 16". Just wondering for those much more experienced than me what has worked well for you on your birch kits. This kit is for recording and practice so won't leave the home studio. I...
Back