Search results

1. Brandtwi

Why Is Yamaha Dropping DTX 900, 700 & 500 Series?

I was thinking about buying a Yamaha DTX 920k but I'm having trouble finding one. Then I heard that Yamaha dropped the DTX 900, 700 & 500 series electric drums. Does anybody know why Yamaha decided to drop them???
  2. Brandtwi

Top Hi-Hat Cymbal Should Be Slightly Larger Than Bottom !?

My hi-hat cymbals slowly cut away my wooded sticks until the shaft gets thinner & thinner & finally it's no good. This happens, I believe, because the bottom hi-hat cymbal sometimes sticks out further than the top cymbal and cuts away at the stick little by little as the stick hits it. So why...
  3. Brandtwi

Trade 2019 Gretsch USA Custom for 2018 Yamaha Absolute Hybrid Maple?

There is a guy that wants to trade me his 6 pc 2018 Yamaha Hybrid Maple drums for my 6 pc 2019 Gretsch USA Custom. Would u consider this a fair trade? When did Yamaha last upgrade the Hybrid Maple? Is 2018 the latest version of the Hybrid Maple? Thanks
  4. Brandtwi

What Songs Do Audiences React Best To ?

I'm in an all original band & we are looking to add a few cover tunes. Looking for the songs that really get the audiences excited ( like when bands play "Sweet Caroline" by Neil Diamond ) or the songs that get everyone on the dance floor. What songs have you noticed get the best crowd...
  5. Brandtwi

Difference Between Roland TD-17KVX & TD-27KV ??

I spend most of my practice time on my electric drum kit so that I don't disturb my neighbors (especially at 3:am) but the hard rubber on the toms & kick is taking a painful toll on my body. I am thinking about upgrading to a new & better kit. I was checking out the new Roland TD-27KV but when I...
  6. Brandtwi

Songs That Audiences Really Respond To ?

I'm in a new band that has 30 original songs that we are polishing up. A few friends have suggested that we throw in 3 or 4 cover tunes when we gig. So for all of y'all out there that gig a lot, what are some of the songs that really get the audience out on the dance floor? Thanks
  7. Brandtwi

Ball Park Price on Used Legacy Maple 3 Piece ?

I'm looking to buy a used 3 piece set of Ludwig Legacy Maple drums (20, 14, 12) and I wondering what is considered a fair price? I want a great sounding kit that is very light for gigging and I've found that 3 ply kits in smaller sizes weigh less. I'm getting old and I don't want to blow all my...
  8. Brandtwi

Brand Endorsement Question ?

When a famous drummer endorses a brand of drums, what is the typical deal they get? Is it one free drum set?, or all the drums they want?, or just a discount off the price?, or is it totally different depending on how famous they are? Is it different with every brand? What is the typical deal a...
  9. Brandtwi

New Cymbal Spinning on It's Own

I just bought a new Zildjian K 22" Constantinople ride & a Zildjian 20" K Custom Left Hand ride. I put then on a cymbal stand with writing on the cymbal straight up, but they spin own their own until they get to where they want to be. Is this because they are hand made & maybe a little heavier...
  10. Brandtwi

Advice on Remote Hi Hat Set Up

I am thinking about getting a remote hi hat set up and I'm wondering what is the difference between the DW 9502 LB remote @ $429 and the TAMA 905RH iron cobra remote @ $450 ? The DW has a drop clutch to let the hi hat cymbals fall together which is helpful during double bass drum pedal action...
  11. Brandtwi

I Let It GET AWAY !

I am really hating myself today. GC had a slightly used 6 pc 2018 Gretsch USA Custom kit in a natural finish in the sizes I like for sale for ONLY $2495 and I let it get away. It even had a matching snare with the Micro-Sensitive throw off. My dream kit at a very low price. I already have...
  12. Brandtwi

Describe the SONOR Sound Please...

Everyone knows about the Gretsch sound and if you've played a lot of Ludwig Drums you get to know their unique sound, but what about SONOR? I was looking at getting a used Sonor Phonic Rosewood kit in standard sizes and I am wondering what they sound like? I checked out Youtube - not too much...
  13. Brandtwi

MATT BETTIS Cymbals ???

I'm looking for a left side ride cymbal for mostly jazz and I would like to know what people think about Matt Bettis cymbals? I currently have a 22" Constantinople Med ride & a Meinl Byzance 21" Transition Ride. I was thinking about a Zildjian K Custom Left Side Ride and I came across the...
  14. Brandtwi

How Much Better is Yamaha Tour Cust vs Absolute Hybrid???

I want to get a Yamaha Maple drum set. I really like the Absolute Hybrid Maple set and can get one for about $2800. which is a good price for it. BUT the Tour Custom maple is only $1300 & it's a nice sounding kit too. I'm having trouble with the idea of paying more than twice as much for the...
  15. Brandtwi

Who Does Best Re-Wrap Job in N. Orleans Area?

I have two old Ludwig 5 pc kits that I want to have re-wrapped by somebody that really knows what they are doing. One of the kits was already re-wrapped, but it's bubbling up all over the place. I don't want to make that same mistake so I'm looking all over the Greater New Orleans metro area for...
  16. Brandtwi

Need Advice on Yamaha Beech Custom Absolute Please

I have a chance to get a used six piece (3 up, 2 down & bass) set of Yamaha Beech Custom Absolute and I need your advice. They are asking about $1200 and describe them as fair condition. There aren't enough other similar kits out there to help me to figure out what the average price would be...
  17. Brandtwi

Difference Between Ludwig Keystone & Keystone X ??

I did a google search & came up with nothing. Can anyone tell me the difference between the Keystone & the Keystone X by Ludwig? ....Thanks
  18. Brandtwi

Anyone Heard the New Tama SLP Kapur Or Studio Maple Kit?

Has anyone heard the new Tama SLP Kapur kit and if so how would you describe the way they sound? Or has anyone heard the new Tama SLP Studio Maple kit? They look nice and have me tempted to get one of the two. Thanks
  19. Brandtwi

HITTING Sticks together Accidentally ?

I have a problem where my sticks collide while playing. It even happens when I'm just playing on a practice pad. What am I doing wrong? and How do I correct this problem?? THANKS
  20. Brandtwi

Fair price new Ludwig Legacy Maple 4 pc 2 up 1 dn?

What would be a fair price to pay for a new Ludwig Legacy Maple 4 piece (2 up 1 down)? I know that full retail is $7250.00 but that is a crazy price that nobody charges. I've seen 3 pc for sale for about $3000.00 I really want them, but I can't justify $4400. for a 4 pc drum set on my budget...
Back